Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alfa's Italian website has the Veloce and some additional details / option packages
http://www.alfaromeo.it/giulia/veloce

Veloce is ~€12,500 more than the Super - €50,500 vs. €38,000

Alfa is now claiming 0-100kph (0-62mph) in 4.9s. This is faster that the US website claim for the 276HP model of 5.5s.
New numbers are now faster than claims for the 330i and A4.

Performance Pack - €2200
- Limited slip differential Q2 <-- looks to be limited to 2WD models only
- Alfa TM Active Suspensions <-- active suspension from QV?
- aluminum shift paddles

Interestingly, the configurator only allows building the Veloce diesel at this time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I should have also added that the main reason why I think we are not getting the Veloce model is because the price spread between the Super Ti and the full quadrifoglio will be much closer in the US then in Europe. Not much room for the 4-cyclder Veloce thus no business case.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My understanding is that the US Giulia Ti will be pretty much the same as the EU Giulia Veloce
- Same displacement and output
- Same aero package (check out pics from last year's NY auto show)
- Biggest difference: RWD (US) vs. AWD (EU)

I think the next question will be: will they offer another model between the US Ti/EU Veloce and the QV? (The oft-rumored 3xx hp variant that's supposed to be unveiled next year?)

Also interesting is how they priced the Veloce in Italy:

QV auto: 81,500
Veloce: 50,500
Ratio: 1.61

As a comparison...
M3 auto: 83,290
340i xDrive auto: 52,170
Ratio: 1.6

Looking at how BMWs are priced in the States might be a good reference for Giulia pricing :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recall from the LA Auto show presentation that FCA said the Giulia would start around $40K and QV around $70K

Now, even the base US Giulia gets the 276 HP engine, so it's not easy to comapre US models with Europe, but I would think the base would be more akin to the Super and Ti would be roughly same as the Veloce. I think that was apparent from the New York show cars. So, there is room for the Ti to start higher, maybe $45K, but I can't se it starting at $50k unless it pretty well optioned out vs. the base model. It's still only a 4-cylinder, so should slot in under the 6-cylinder 340i.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone on the allpar forums and ferrarichat say they had a buddy showing the NAFTA product grid and the Veloce *IS* on there, in 350HP guise, as a NAFTA exclusive... contrary to what everyones been saying

- 621.GR1.0 - 2.0 Turbo 4 280hp ATX RWD Base
- 621.PR1.0 - 2.0 Turbo 4 280hp ATX RWD TI
- 621.GA1.0 - 2.0 Turbo 4 280hp ATX AWD Base
- 621.PA1.0 - 2.0 Turbo 4 280hp ATX AWD TI
- 621.DA3.0 - 2.0 Turbo 4 350hp ATX AWD Veloce
- 621.QRU.0 - 2.9 Turbo V6 510hp MTX RWD Quadrifoglio
- 621.QRV.0 - 2.9 Turbo V6 510hp ATX RWD Quadrifoglio

·
Registered
23 Posts
Assuming ATX and MTX mean auto and manual trans, respectively - it seems the only version offered with a manual in the U.S. will be the QV. Too bad. I'd love to have that option in a lower trim level (as I'd also love to have a diesel option in the U.S.... and a hatchback for that matter. Perhaps I was born on the wrong continent)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Worst case scenario we wait for someone to total one of these and then turn it into a build... take a manual transmission from something that will pair up well enough. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts