Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the duplicate thread, I couldn't find the original. Anyways I originally went to the dealership to check out the Quadrifoglio about 3-4 months ago and as everyone knows there were none to be found. I ended up buying the Giulia Q4. Great car. The dealership called and said someone backed out of a Quadrifoglio and I happened to be in town and rest is history. The deal worked out quite well, ended up losing about $4000 in the trade in.

Cons: (vs base Giulia): -something ain't quite right about the brakes. I've owned a few hybrids and electric cars and these brakes feel worse. Once the car is moving over 30 mph they are fine.
-The fuel gauge is completely off. I used to average about 22-23mpg on the base Giulia and this one is reading about 12-14mpg. I think the computer is completely off.
-The low fuel warning is absurd- no indication of how many miles left. Even my Ducati shows remaining miles left.
-Back seat does not fold down (don't really care)
-Mirrors still fold in when locked
-Engine shut off on full stop still sucks
-Tracking the wire for the laser shifter was a pain compared to the base Giulia. The front grill/fascia is tighter and passing the wires into the engine compartment was tougher. After that point all of my equipment- laser shifter, hard wired radar detector, car cam, and led lights was a simple swap between the two cars.
-The front spoiler is quite low and have to be very conscious of my driveway and dips in the roads.
-Notice more of a lag on the radio controls

Pros: No need to discuss this
-Truly a Mr Hyde/Dr Jeckyll car in terms of its mannerisms. Very smooth and quite in "E" mode. Goes crazy in Dynamic/Race modes
-Getting double the looks as compared to the base Giulia

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
How did you end up with a black roof? Mine is body colored..

The brakes work fine but they definitely need some getting used to. Give it a few weeks.

Never trust any trip computer, I know of no car manufacturer that has gotten it right.

I can easily see someone getting 12-14 with a heavy right foot. I did a 350 mile trip that was 1/2 freeway & 1/2 2-lane and averaged 26.5 mpg, not bad at all!

There are discussions on this forum re the gas gauge with a viable answer, search it.

Be careful of the diffuser in the back, it's low too..

Enjoy!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also would like to know about the black roof did not see that as an option when I ordered my Quad. It really does looks good. As for mileage, I have never been able to more than 15 MPG and sometimes it even dip down in the 11 and 12 mpg. Admittingly, I do have a heavy foot. The gas gauge and miles left computer need to get together and agree on something. It takes forever to to get to what looks like half way mark. Then once there the computer says I have something like 50 miles left. Right now the gauge is showing 2 bars and the computer is not displaying anything. I guess I better stop for gas.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the same question and more:
- black roof? Wow! I assume you had it wrapped... vinyl?
- got a close up photo of the emblems? Custom made by you?
- are you thinking about getting the carbon fiber V?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black roof is a vinyl gloss black wrap. I thought about a carbon fiber wrap, however if you compare it with all the real carbon fiber on the car I thought it would look cheap. I don't need a carbon fiber V.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks great. You hit a home run diferentiating yours from the rest of theQVs.
I like the carbon fiber mirrors as well.
Got any close up photos of your new badges?
Look great - custom?

What's next :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.