Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally decided to buy a Giulia. That's the car I want

Alfa Giulia Ti Sport

Item: (first priority) or (second priority)

Ex: Black or White
In: Tan or Black
Caliper: Yellow or Red
Pkg must:
Performance package
Pkg optional:
Sunroof
Tire optional:
Summer Tires

But as far as I know. the dealer around Bay Area all has fully-loaded Ti sport cars. I mean one with nav, radio, driver assist and other options. I don't want to spend money on these things. So I have to wait if any dealer can find a similar car as I want. But anyway, I am ready to join the Giulia family :) Is there anyone in Cali know where I can get a car like this?

I will update if I finally having the car in front of my house.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It might not hurt to check with the dealerships to see what kind of deal you can get on one of the loaded Ti's. My wish list was similar but I ended up with a nicely optioned Ti Sport in Comp Red and performance pkg for cheaper than I could ordered a stripped down one. And btw, I'm getting to like the parking sensors, blind spot sensors, etc..

·
Registered
55 Posts
It might not hurt to check with the dealerships to see what kind of deal you can get on one of the loaded Ti's. My wish list was similar but I ended up with a nicely optioned Ti Sport in Comp Red and performance pkg for cheaper than I could ordered a stripped down one. And btw, I'm getting to like the parking sensors, blind spot sensors, etc..
I agree. I did the same and got a good deal. And I’ve enjoyed the additional options, except for lane departure, which will eventually come in handy on a long road trip.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Performance Package was a must-have for me. When I was looking for the right car I found that pretty much everything with it was fully-loaded or pretty close to it. You may have a hard time finding what you're looking for without ordering it custom. If you go the custom order route you may not get as great of a deal either.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts
My guess is that you will either need to order the car to your specs or scour the inventory lists nation wide for the combination that you want. You should be able to work with your local dealer to get an out of area car delivered for considerably less than it would cost for you to fly out to get it and drive it back.

A minority of the cars come with the sport package and a minority of those have the performance package. Combine that with your other specific requirements and the currently low inventories of Giulia (at least at the 2 dealerships that I checked) and it should be apparent that the exact car you want could be difficult to find. Giulia is 50 state smog certified, so the only issue you should encounter with bringing the car in from out of state is license fees and if you go through a local dealer that dealer should deal with it.

Also, please be aware that AR has reportedly stopped taking orders for MY2018 Giulias. This is similar timing to last year. Last year the first MY2018s were delivered in December. I ordered in late July and got my car in late January, although people who ordered months later seem to have gotten their cars at about the same time <sigh>.

FWIW: Have a look at the red interior, it is gorgeous especially combined with the leather package. I would avoid the panoramic sunroof on Giulia or any other car for that matter; see reports of them exploding on the road for no good reason (not manufacturer specific).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My guess is that you will either need to order the car to your specs or scour the inventory lists nation wide for the combination that you want. You should be able to work with your local dealer to get an out of area car delivered for considerably less than it would cost for you to fly out to get it and drive it back.

A minority of the cars come with the sport package and a minority of those have the performance package. Combine that with your other specific requirements and the currently low inventories of Giulia (at least at the 2 dealerships that I checked) and it should be apparent that the exact car you want could be difficult to find. Giulia is 50 state smog certified, so the only issue you should encounter with bringing the car in from out of state is license fees and if you go through a local dealer that dealer should deal with it.

Also, please be aware that AR has reportedly stopped taking orders for MY2018 Giulias. This is similar timing to last year. Last year the first MY2018s were delivered in December. I ordered in late July and got my car in late January, although people who ordered months later seem to have gotten their cars at about the same time <sigh>.

FWIW: Have a look at the red interior, it is gorgeous especially combined with the leather package. I would avoid the panoramic sunroof on Giulia or any other car for that matter; see reports of them exploding on the road for no good reason (not manufacturer specific).
Thanks for the sunroof info... I also feel not good with that so I put it in "optional", I will try to get the car this weekend to get some promotions from the memorial day. Here in Bay area, we have three dealers, I am afraid I will end up with a fully loaded vehicle... Just hope I can get a good price for the things I don't like.

And for the driver assistant system, I simply don't want to trust them... especially there are more car crash news related to the ADAS

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the sunroof info... I also feel not good with that so I put it in "optional", I will try to get the car this weekend to get some promotions from the memorial day. Here in Bay area, we have three dealers, I am afraid I will end up with a fully loaded vehicle... Just hope I can get a good price for the things I don't like.

And for the driver assistant system, I simply don't want to trust them... especially there are more car crash news related to the ADAS
It's not a self-driving car, so there's nothing to "trust". You're still the driver, and the aids are just aids. Forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking are backups in case you screw up, not something you should rely on.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Dealers want to sell cars and once you have some toys, you'll like them and get used to them....See what's out there and use some negotiating skills and you might be surprised what type of deal you might get !!

Use Autotrader and apply the appropriate filters...year(s), color, features, etc....and negotiate via the web....On the last day of March, I scored a great deal on a Stelvio Ti Sport (sticker was 52800 and without any haggling the dealer got me down to 44,777).....last days of the month are always better and see what's available in stock (more leverage still)...

GO GET AN ALFA....YOU'LL LOVE IT !!!!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts

In the bay area I think there are 5 dealers: Steven's Creek, Burlingham, San Francisco, Berkley and Walnut Creek. There are also 2 dealers in Sacramento and 1 dealer in Fresno if you don't mind a bit of a drive. The Berkley and Burlingham dealers are probably not the right places to go to though. The reviews seems to rate SF on top, then Walnut Creek, then Steven's Creek.

I have a custom ordered Ti Q4 with every sport and nanny option, but no sunroof or HK. I disabled forward collision auto brake, as I am very concerned about it braking at some dangerous and inappropriate time. I disabled auto unlock (a standard feature) too, as it is a security risk. I use adaptive cruise control all of the time, it makes driving in the Bay Area's horrible traffic a little more tolerable, even though it sometimes does dumb things. I find the parking sensors helpful but only right about half of the time; still, I haven't scraped anything yet (excepting a rock that was buried in snow that left some minor scuffs in the underpan).

The built in Nav is pretty much useless (it told me to drive up SR-108 over Sonora Pass in February; it's a good thing I wasn't depending on it), but AR would not accept the order without it <sigh>.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess most people will use Google map or Waze. And I will use Spotify. So this 900$ nav&radio system is just a waste of money.
Also, Driver Assistance, total $2150, is not safe for me to use. I just feel like it will eventually let you get used to them and forget what is the correct way of driving...
HK audio system, another $900, who cares...

I find that SF Alfa is actually selling a Ti Sport with all these but without the performance package :(

But anyway, I am going to buy a car with all these features, I go for a Ti Sport mainly because I want that 5-hole wheels and performance package. I just call this life...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts