Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would share a few mods I have made to my 2018 Giulia Q4 TI Sport, in an attempt to improve the visual appearance, performance and feel of my Giulia TI Sport. I test drove the Quadrifoglio and loved it but knew I would be too tempted to race around town. So why not purchase the next best thing that's quite a bit less too and customize it some. Open to input based on similar modifications done by others.

Modifications made to date...
  1. Wheels
    • Otis LA silver 5mm wheel spacer on front only - sold by Eurocompulsion.
    • Staggered wheels. 10" rear wheels (these may be measured 9"), with Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat XL 255/35R19 tires in rear and standard 225/40R19 tires in front.
  2. Aerodynamics
    • Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler: Click here for a link to the rear diffuser I purchased. It's the only one I could find that has the blades that wrap around the rear bumper. You just choose "Sport".
    • Carbon Fiber Rear Bumper Diffuser Lip Spoiler Bumper Guard. This was a costly process with minimal instructions provided and fitment was a bit tough for my local auto racing shop
  3. Exhaust & Air Intake
    • Custom 2.5" cat back, Y-pipe exhaust with dual resonators, muffler delete and staggered 3.5" quad tips. I originally planned to install the Madness exhaust but my muffler shop was able to customize this for less and install the quad tips. Not easy given limited space.
    • Eurocompulsion v2 Air Intake (added 7/2021 - after videos/pics below)
  4. Exterior Protection
    • GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra Ceramic Coating (7 year protection)
    • XPEL clear paint protection on headlights
  5. Interior
    • Prime XR Plus Window Tint
    • Alfra Romeo black and white badge on center console audio controller. Purchased on Amazon titled: "Eppar New Decorative Center Control Button Sticker Compatible with ALFA Romeo Stelvio 2017-2019 (B-Style)".
Future modifications...
  1. Suspension: EIBACH pro-kit lowering spring kit sold by Eurocompulsion (Slightly less drop compared to H&R). Or 2017 OEM springs. A lot of wheel gap on the Giulias.
  2. Tuning & Other Performance Mods:
    • Euro+Drive Tuning System by Eurocompulsion
    • Euro+Drive FR (Fast Response) once bluetooth version comes out
Photos (Sorry not the best lighting | Video: Startup, revs, launch 0-60 mph and interior exhaust audio (pre-K&N filter)
View album 919

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
847 Posts
I like the color combo a lot. Can you take pics of the exhaust setup? Also, for the rear diffuser, which one did you get? I know of the one that says it is for the non-sport bumper, but you have a sport, so what was involved?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Nice mods and great looking car. Try to add the CF side skirts. I think it's an option in the 2020 Ti Q4 model so, it may be easy to install too. Why did you go with the 10" wide rear wheels?. The OEM configuration for the Q4 Ti staggered has 9" wide wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice mods and great looking car. Try to add the CF side skirts. I think it's an option in the 2020 Ti Q4 model so, it may be easy to install too. Why did you go with the 10" wide rear wheels?. The OEM configuration for the Q4 Ti staggered has 9" wide wheels.
Thanks. I have checked out a few CF side skirts. Assume you mean this type? Carbon Fiber Side Skirts Splitter Lip For Alfa Romeo Giulia Base Sedan 4D 15-17 | eBay.

Regarding the 10" wide wheels - two reasons. I have a similar staggered setup on my 328i M Sport, which provided greater stability in handling corners etc. And secondly, I tried to emulate the width of the rear wheels on the Quadrifoglio for the same reason plus aesthetically it looks so much better.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Thanks. I have checked out a few CF side skirts. Assume you mean this type? Carbon Fiber Side Skirts Splitter Lip For Alfa Romeo Giulia Base Sedan 4D 15-17 | eBay.

Regarding the 10" wide wheels - two reasons. I have a similar staggered setup on my 328i M Sport, which provided greater stability in handling corners etc. And secondly, I tried to emulate the width of the rear wheels on the Quadrifoglio for the same reason plus aesthetically it looks so much better.
Yep. Either those CF side skirts or the OEM ones. It will look great, I think. There is a reason why the 255's are mounted on 9" in the OEM configuration. The measuring rim width is the industry standardized rim width upon which the tire must be mounted in order to confirm it meets its dimensional targets. It will never look as a QV because the QV has 285's on those 10" wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I like the color combo a lot. Can you take pics of the exhaust setup? Also, for the rear diffuser, which one did you get? I know of the one that says it is for the non-sport bumper, but you have a sport, so what was involved?
Combo: I initially wanted black interior and the dark wheels, but I have really grown to like this combo too.

Rear Diffuser: Click here for a link to the rear diffuser I purchased. It's the only one I could find that has the blades that wrap around the rear bumper. You just choose "Sport".
  • Experience: Shipping took forever but came in a wood crate. Communication was decent too but some shipping delays and you have to ask for install instructions, which are not super clear. Fitment was not great. My shop almost backed out. Then later, given the complexity of the quad tips, I had to take the car back and forth from a body shop to coordinate measuring with and without the bumper on. Once I started I couldn't go back. Happy in the end. Amazing how loud this is with just 4 cylinders.
  • More Pictures: I added additional photos below but not the greatest views without the vehicle lifted and the diffuser off. The diffuser covers the majority of the meaningful custom work done on the exhaust and fitting in the exhaust tips. Sorry.
View album 918

• Wow
Reactions: lightra

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yep. Either those CF side skirts or the OEM ones. It will look great, I think. There is a reason why the 255's are mounted on 9" in the OEM configuration. The measuring rim width is the industry standardized rim width upon which the tire must be mounted in order to confirm it meets its dimensional targets. It will never look as a QV because the QV has 285's on those 10" wheels.

View attachment 105467
My apologies. I tried to emulate the Quadrifoglio (in look) but went with the OEM staggered option I found online for the Giulia. And I looked again today and couldn't find where the PDF was that showed all the options. I purchased the 10" wheels (sold as 10") off a salvaged Giulia TI Sport that had the staggered option and purchased the same tire package it had. But to your point I believe they noted 10" yet it was probably more a 9" measured rim width. I am going to dig a little further there. Thanks for that.

Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought I would share a few mods I have made to my 2018 Giulia Q4 TI Sport, in an attempt to improve the visual appearance, performance and feel of my Giulia TI Sport. I test drove the Quadrifoglio and loved it but knew I would be too tempted to race around town. So why not purchase the next best thing that's quite a bit less too and customize it some. Open to input based on similar modifications done by others.

Modifications made to date...
  1. Wheels
    • Otis LA silver 5mm wheel spacer on front only - sold by Eurocompulsion.
    • Staggered wheels. 10" rear wheels (these may be measured 9"), with Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat XL 255/35R19 tires in rear and standard 225/40R19 tires in front.
  2. Aerodynamics
    • Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
    • Carbon Fiber Rear Bumper Diffuser Lip Spoiler Bumper Guard. This was a costly process with minimal instructions provided and fitment was a bit tough for my local auto racing shop
  3. Exhaust & Air Intake
    • Custom 2.5" cat back, Y-pipe exhaust with dual resonators, muffler delete and staggered 3.5" quad tips. I originally planned to install the Madness exhaust but my muffler shop was able to customize this for less and install the quad tips. Not easy given limited space.
    • K&N Air Filter
  4. Exterior Protection
    • GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra Ceramic Coating (7 year protection)
    • XPEL clear paint protection on headlights
  5. Interior
    • Prime XR Plus Window Tint
    • Alfra Romeo black and while badge on center console audio controller. Purchased on Amazon titled: "Eppar New Decorative Center Control Button Sticker Compatible with ALFA Romeo Stelvio 2017-2019 (B-Style)".
Future modifications...
  1. Suspension: EIBACH pro-kit lowering spring kit sold by Eurocompulsion (Slightly less drop compared to H&R). A lot of wheel gap on the Giulias.
  2. Tuning & Other Performance Mods:
    • Eurocompulsion v2 Air Induction System
    • Euro+Drive Tuning System by Eurocompulsion
    • Euro+Drive FR (Fast Response) once bluetooth version comes out
Photos (Sorry not the best lighting | Video: Startup, revs, launch 0-60 mph and interior exhaust audio (pre-K&N filter)
View album 919
Hey do you know if I can do this with the stelvio I would love to make as much as the quad in appearance as possible

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey do you know if I can do this with the stelvio I would love to make as much as the quad in appearance as possible
Madness makes a few after-market performance options of course for the Stelvio, here. They have videos on what the various Lusso and Monza exhaust options sound like. Regarding similar mods for diffuser and more, I can't say for sure given I only focused on my Giulia.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.