Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently created a Youtube channel to display some mods that I will do to my Giulia Ti. I created a muffler delete before and after video if you guys want to check it out along with one other video. I will have a video created soon of a Eurocompulsion v2 install on my car along with other content. Feel free to like, comment, and subscribe. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,662 Posts
Dude, they used crush/stretch bends on those pipes. NO BUENO

It may not be the end of the world becuase at least the muffler is gone, but I would have opted for mandrel bends instead.

Sounds better though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, they used crush/stretch bends on those pipes. NO BUENO

It may not be the end of the world becuase at least the muffler is gone, but I would have opted for mandrel bends instead.

Sounds better though.
I guess im not well versed on the different types of bends, but what is the difference

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,662 Posts
I guess im not well versed on the different types of bends, but what is the difference
crush/stretch is a smaller diameter, mandrel bend maintains diameter. But like I said, it may not matter much now that the muffler is gone.

Reactions: HaroonAK

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crush/stretch is a smaller diameter, mandrel bend maintains diameter. But like I said, it may not matter much now that the muffler is gone.
Ooohh okay appreciate the info, makes sense. Wish i knew before but its all good

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,662 Posts
Reactions: HaroonAK

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice job! This is the way I’m going soon. Not sure the bends really matter as flow after the downpipe on most 2.0 turbos does almost nothing to performance from what I’ve seen. I think the overall money savings and sound benefit is great. Well done and thanks for the video!

·
Registered
242 Posts
wondering if I can find a good sounding muffler to replace the stock one for just a little bit better sound
The stock muffler has a unique configuration with the input located on the side of the muffler can, so a direct replacement is unlikely. Nonetheless, it would be pretty easy for an exhaust shop to fabricate something using a Y-pipe and a pair of bullet-style mufflers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts