Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

I'm in the process of purchasing a Giulia Ti Sport and am running into issues with picking an interior.

AR's website has a Feature Availability list that shows you can get the Black/Ice interior with Light Gray or Dark Gray accent stitching. However, Light Gray does say "late availability." https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/pdf/giulia/2017_AR_Giulia_FA.pdf

Dealer spoke with their sales representative and was told that the Black/Ice interior only comes with Dark Gray accent stitching. According to her, you can only pick stitching colors for the Quadrifoglio.

I'd like to get Light Gray if I can. Does anyone have any experience with this or have pictures of a Giulia Ti with light gray stitching they can share?

I ran into a similar issue with interior trim. I'm not a fan of the aluminum trim, so I wanted the standard Dark Oak. I was first told that I couldn't get the Dark Oak with the Sports Package, but once I sent some pictures and the feature availability sheet, they were able to 'confirm' that I would be able to get Dark Oak (or at least I think they confirmed...).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Welcome to the Alfa Giulia Dealer-Ordering-Option experience.
Please post your results.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

Have you tried the online car configuration builder yet?
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/build#/models/zipcode/90001/vehicle/CUY201703/ccode/CUY201703GAFL41A/llp/2DL/options/EC2,DFW,TJD,WAC,D7,RAG,XH,PXN,22L,APA

Alfa does have some strange rules about how and what combinations can be used together. If you can't get exactly what you want, decide what parts are easy to change after-the-fact and get something that's close enough.

We wanted a blue Ti with cream Lusso interior and black 5-hole wheels. But, Alfa doesn't allow the dark wheels with the light interior, so, I've ordered the wheel set separately and will have an extra set of wheel to trip over or brag about or...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Racer Z. I did try the configurator, but it doesn't let you choose interior options (black/ice, stitching). Just waiting to hear from the dealer.

I may have to run with your idea on the trim (switch out aluminum with dark oak when I get the car). However, I need to get a handle on the stitching issue now because that's something I will not be able to change once the car is in.

·
Registered
216 Posts
note that if you're planning on ordering, you'd be ordering a 2018, which has slightly different restrictions than the options for 2017.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Thanks, Racer Z. I did try the configurator, but it doesn't let you choose interior options (black/ice, stitching). Just waiting to hear from the dealer.

I may have to run with your idea on the trim (switch out aluminum with dark oak when I get the car). However, I need to get a handle on the stitching issue now because that's something I will not be able to change once the car is in.
I don't remember dark oak. We picked light walnut which is only available with the Lusso cream package. I was actually tempted to get the sport interior and make my own wood trim later.

So many of these options are dependent on something else, like paint color. And the detail info doesn't really say much.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I don't remember dark oak. We picked light walnut which is only available with the Lusso cream package. I was actually tempted to get the sport interior and make my own wood trim later.

So many of these options are dependent on something else, like paint color. And the detail info doesn't really say much.
I think dark oak shows up on the European configurator. Make certain you are using the right configurator for your region.

Swapping out the interior trim bits could be difficult. They may be glued on to much larger parts, I do not know. See my inquiry regarding the QV carbon-fiber parts, including the interior trim bits.

Maybe the best plan is to setup a new parts exchange so that we can swap stuff around without having to pay the outrageously high Mopar spare parts prices?

·
Registered
646 Posts
We wanted a blue Ti with cream Lusso interior and black 5-hole wheels. But, Alfa doesn't allow the dark wheels with the light interior, so, I've ordered the wheel set separately and will have an extra set of wheel to trip over or brag about or...
I'm thinking about a Lusso for the same reasons, and putting on the 5 hole wheels. How much will the set cost you?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Accents on the door panels are not provided as separate items. You'd only be able to change those on the dash and tunnel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm thinking about a Lusso for the same reasons, and putting on the 5 hole wheels. How much will the set cost you?
The Lusso has chrome window surrounds on the doors, as oppose to black on the Sport models. I think the dark 5-hole wheels look better with the black window surrounds. With a Lusso, I'd go with the bright 5-hole wheels or the bright Technico wheels

Reactions: mibi

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all.

Does anyone have a picture of a Giulia Ti Sport (USA) interior with light gray stitching?

Also, does anyone have a picture of a Giulia Ti Sport (USA) interior with Dark Oak Wood trim?

And finally, does anyone have a picture of a Giulia Ti Sport (USA) interior that's in black/ice with Dark Oak Wood trim?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I paid about $2,500 US Dollars. That includes TPMS valves and new caps (black/white). My dealer said something about giving me a special price. The Michelin Pilot Super Sports (255/35x19) cost about $1000.

Had the tires mounted yesterday. Will be installing them today. I couldn't drive the car to the shop cause my wife hit a pothole and blew out a tire. I already had these on order, so it's not a big deal. Besides, my ugly old truck needs to be exercised once in a while too.

I'm not a chrome guy. Would have preferred the blacked out trim from the sport package. We'll see what happens later. Maybe aftermarket will provide something.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm not a chrome guy. Would have preferred the blacked out trim from the sport package. We'll see what happens later. Maybe aftermarket will provide something.

Racer Z - I agree with you on the chrome.. I liked the wood and "luxe" feeling of the Lusso, but wanted the black window trim and 5 holes.. went with a Ti Sport.. Have had a loaner Ti Lusso in Stromboli the last 4 days.. the chrome goes better in the greys than in red, black, or blue, in my opinion. Lusso seats are really nice, a little more forgiving than the sport seats, but after 3500 miles in the sport seats I'd vote for them. Both choices are the best seats I've had in a car with my Saab 9-5 seats #3.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The Lusso has chrome window surrounds on the doors, as oppose to black on the Sport models. I think the dark 5-hole wheels look better with the black window surrounds. With a Lusso, I'd go with the bright 5-hole wheels or the bright Technico wheels
I agree with you, but its only about $100 to have a local shop black out the chrome window trim on the Lusso to match the look of the Ti Sport. So one can 'convert' a Lusso to a Sport fairly easily (assuming your Lusso has the paddle shifter option as well).

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree with you, but its only about $100 to have a local shop black out the chrome window trim on the Lusso to match the look of the Ti Sport. So one can 'convert' a Lusso to a Sport fairly easily (assuming your Lusso has the paddle shifter option as well).
Great idea. I also went lusso, bought the dark 5 hole and intended to buy the black trim. Iwill also be mounting up the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s's.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Great idea. I also went lusso, bought the dark 5 hole and intended to buy the black trim. Iwill also be mounting up the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s's.
Great - can you post the results when you have it done??? By the way, any good shop that does car wraps can do the chrome trim black out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts