Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i just bought my Giulia ti Red AWD fully loaded. I have created this topic so that we can discuss about the upgrades for this car. Please share your upgrades and what have you faces while upgrading. The upgrades might be visual or performance oriented. Let me know. Thanks and have a safe ride (This car is really fast).

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hi all, i just bought my Giulia ti Red AWD fully loaded. I have created this topic so that we can discuss about the upgrades for this car. Please share your upgrades and what have you faces while upgrading. The upgrades might be visual or performance oriented. Let me know. Thanks and have a safe ride (This car is really fast).
Are you talking about factory options or aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously aftermarket. I am unable to wait for 6 months for a QV so i just bought the TI. But i am not enough with the performance. I need some tuning upgrades help. Like where can i find the stuff to buy for the TI.

·
Registered
103 Posts
straight pipe and red start button :nerd:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Obviously aftermarket. I am unable to wait for 6 months for a QV so i just bought the TI. But i am not enough with the performance. I need some tuning upgrades help. Like where can i find the stuff to buy for the TI.
It's kind of early in the game for performance parts and I haven't been looking. I do know of a few vendors / builder's that will be supporting the Giulia.

EuroCompulsion
Madness Autoworks
Alfa 9 Supply
Centerline International

Madness and Alfa9 both had a few insignificant things on their websites last time I visited.

I bought an ECU from Euro Compulsion to fit my 4C. They ensured me that they will be building things for the Giulia. But, they had to wait until cars were available in the dealersto buy one and start.

I think all the performance builders are in the same position. They were not allowed a pre-production car and the ability to start early. Give them some time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. Will wait on ECU then. Do you think We will make less than 5.1 seconds after the ECU tuning?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Thanks for the information. Will wait on ECU then. Do you think We will make less than 5.1 seconds after the ECU tuning?
I've wondered about this. The NA spec Giulia is already tuned with more HP than the European spec despite the same engine and displacement. Not sure how much more HP they can muster with the stock internals without causing premature wear and tear. I would personally love a very conservative tune to round the HP to 300 hp with about 310-330tq.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I've wondered about this. The NA spec Giulia is already tuned with more HP than the European spec despite the same engine and displacement. Not sure how much more HP they can muster with the stock internals without causing premature wear and tear. I would personally love a very conservative tune to round the HP to 300 hp with about 310-330tq.
I was talking with one of the tune companies about the Giulia Ti and expectations. I expressed the hope for 350 HP with possibly only changing the intake, exhaust and ECU. They seemed to think that would be a realistic goal. At that time, they (all of us) had not yet even been able to test drive a Giulia. Time will tell. Considering what this tune company (and others) has done with the 4C (1750 cc), this should be possible with the Giulia (2000 cc).

Time will tell.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was talking with one of the tune companies about the Giulia Ti and expectations. I expressed the hope for 350 HP with possibly only changing the intake, exhaust and ECU. They seemed to think that would be a realistic goal. At that time, they (all of us) had not yet even been able to test drive a Giulia. Time will tell. Considering what this tune company (and others) has done with the 4C (1750 cc), this should be possible with the Giulia (2000 cc).

Time will tell.
That would be great. Thanks for the information. Lets hope we get them soon.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
according to Dutch tuner, 280 hp version already produces (a lot) more in stock version (310 hp, 463 Nm), see :

(Belofte means spec, werkelijkheid means measured value....)

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
according to Dutch tuner, 280 hp version already produces (a lot) more in stock version (310 hp, 463 Nm), see :

(Belofte means spec, werkelijkheid means measured value....)
That makes sense...my Giulia seems like it has waaaaay more Hp than only 280. This baby has some strong "pull" and that sweet torque from the 2.0 Turbo is fantastic!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That makes sense...my Giulia seems like it has waaaaay more Hp than only 280. This baby has some strong "pull" and that sweet torque from the 2.0 Turbo is fantastic!
That "pull" that you're feeling is the torque. It has amazing low-end torque. Horse power is a RPM thing and best used for land speed records. Torque is what moves the car from a dead stop and what accelerates us out of the corners.

Simply put, horse power is torque times RPM. hp = T * RPM
That's why a spec sheet always has HP ratings at RPM numbers like 6500. There isn't enough HP at 3,000 RPM to power a flash-lite.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That "pull" that you're feeling is the torque. It has amazing low-end torque. Horse power is a RPM thing and best used for land speed records. Torque is what moves the car from a dead stop and what accelerates us out of the corners.

That's why a spec sheet always has HP ratings at RPM numbers like 6500. There isn't enough HP at 3,000 RPM to power a flash-lite.
Yes indeed....the torque in the 2.0 Turbo is impressive. Alfa did an excellent job on the powertrain of the Giulia!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,734 Posts

Sorry, but that is incorrect. If it was correct you could remove the engine and replace it with a big ape and a torque wrench and have a car that would have great performance. The fact is that power applied to the clutch is what you need to accelerate. To accelerate hard consistently you need the engines power band to be wider than the steps between gears. This is why more gears yields better acceleration (assuming fast gear changes) and why cars with CVTs accelerate better for a given amount of power to weight ratio.

A car is perceived as "punchy" if it can produce a lot of power at a typical running gear. This can be done by having a wide power band, or by messing with the gears. For example, my 1971 Norton Commando was "punchy", but achieved that by having low gears rather than by having a wide power band. A wide power band by definition requires a lot of torque relative to the RPM range of the engine, so we get this tendency to associate more torque with better acceleration. However, it is the amount of available power that matters in all cases.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
The website is promoting a performance kit and provides claimed power and measured power charts. It is not 100% clear if the measured power data is from a stock machine or an enhanced machine. However, given that they are trying to sell the enhancement kit, it seems likely that the graph is after installation of their kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The website is promoting a performance kit and provides claimed power and measured power charts. It is not 100% clear if the measured power data is from a stock machine or an enhanced machine. However, given that they are trying to sell the enhancement kit, it seems likely that the graph is after installation of their kit.
Nope. Squadra have been going for years and are well respected. I don't think they're even selling maps for the Giulia yet. Their figures are for the car as standard. That it makes more power than advertised is not that surprising - the 1750 TBi in the Giulietta made about 260bhp instead of the supposed 235.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Nope. Squadra have been going for years and are well respected. I don't think they're even selling maps for the Giulia yet. Their figures are for the car as standard. That it makes more power than advertised is not that surprising - the 1750 TBi in the Giulietta made about 260bhp instead of the supposed 235.
Apologies, I did not translate the whole article. You are correct.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts