Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from central Ohio, acquired Giulia Ti in Rosso Competizione one week ago. Almost 500 miles on it now, really enjoying the unique look of the car and the peppy 2 liter engine. Look over my shoulder at it as I'm leaving, after every time I park it. Still taking it easy and varying the engine speed, etc., during break in. Is anyone going to wait until 10000 miles/1 year to change the oil??!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congrats! That's a very nice color, I would've ordered my Ti with it if my wife wasn't against it (ordered a Vulcano Black as it was my 2nd choice).

I'd suggest doing the first oil change at 1k miles, don't wait till 10k. Need to get rid of the dirty stuff caused by break in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi jkoval, congrats on the Ti. Did you get the AWD version? I hope you enjoy it for years to come.
Flyby out

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife was partial to Stromboli Gray, but that model had a Lusso package and a sunroof at our dealer. I would've been okay with Lusso pkg, but I didn't want a sunroof. Have rarely opened them on cars I've owned in the past. In the end, she decided it was a sporty Italian sedan and RCT was okay with her, and I trust her because she's Italian! I didn't want anything too dark, but I thought Monte Carlo Blue was cool. Hope you're as happy with yours when it arrives as I am with mine!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes AWD, was driving an Acura TL with AWD and loved the way it worked on dry, wet, and snowy roads. Hoping Giulia works as well. So far it feels solid on dry and wet.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My wife was partial to Stromboli Gray, but that model had a Lusso package and a sunroof at our dealer. I would've been okay with Lusso pkg, but I didn't want a sunroof. Have rarely opened them on cars I've owned in the past. In the end, she decided it was a sporty Italian sedan and RCT was okay with her, and I trust her because she's Italian! I didn't want anything too dark, but I thought Monte Carlo Blue was cool. Hope you're as happy with yours when it arrives as I am with mine!
Stromboli is my favorite too, and I also cannot get a sunroof (won't really fit comfortably). We have similar taste :smile2: Congratulations

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi there jkoval. I'm also in Ohio, in the Northern suburbs of Cincinnati (Liberty Township). I picked up my Stromboli Gray AWD Ti Sport 13 days ago and loving it. It was a factory order, so I picked what I wanted. Mine does have a sunroof as my wife was very insistent on that option (not me). Mine has just about every option except the driver assistance packages and no block heater. So far only about 330 miles on it. Just curious on the oil change... did you get it changed yet, or are you waiting? My dealer suggested get the first one at 3k miles, the next at 7k, then follow the 10k service schedule.

Attachments

Reactions: Fripp64

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a beautiful car! I changed the oil myself at 4000, and was planning on taking it in at 10000 miles for the "free first service" including oil change, tire rotation, brake fluid change, etc. probably going to change oil at around 6000 mile intervals but perhaps will send specimen for oil analysis. Maybe 10000 mile intervals are OK, but I've never had a vehicle with such long intervals. Ciao!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks and may I ask what brand and grade oil did you use? I may do it myself too as it probably isn’t too tricky. I’ve been doing my BMW myself and that’s really easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts