Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

There is one thing that bothers me about the Sport diffuser and that is the fake grills.

I would like the grills to actually have holes in them, and make air flow through. As it is now, the air has no escape and there could be some "parachute" effect from the opening for the muffler. Even more for those of us who have removed the muffler.

The grill piece seems independent from the rest of the bumper:

I wonder if some good soul could design a grill with holes to be snapped in there?
I would certainly buy it.
The cheap DIY approach would be to drill the holes myself, but I don't think the result would be great.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
I wonder if some good soul could design a grill with holes to be snapped in there?
I would certainly buy it.
We have some experience with similar grills for our 4C exhaust, which converts the exhaust from side exit to center-exit, necessitating replacement of all the grills.

I can look into the project and report back.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
We have some experience with similar grills for our 4C exhaust, which converts the exhaust from side exit to center-exit, necessitating replacement of all the grills.

I can look into the project and report back.
maybe something to compliment the Corsa?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Sign me up!

·
Registered
573 Posts
They are also a pain to clean.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anyone done anything with these pieces? I was thinking about drilling and filing the edges of my stock pieces. My only fear is seeing the exhaust tip clamps through the holes. Guess I could paint them flat black... Or get a new exhaust...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nothing is worse than the base diffuser. If I knew that one of those aftermarket ones on AliExpress would be an easy install without removing the bumper, I’d Be all over it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts