Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was a kid my dad had a sick GTX that he called a sleeper, because it was devoid of stripes, graphics, or any other BS that made it look like a street racer/drag car. It was green and looked pretty base, but under the hood had the most beast engine on the market. I want to do that with my next Giulia.

I want a Giulia that is devoid of the insane wheels, exterior and interior sports package, and anything else that says fast. I want it to look as "luxury" rather than "sport" as possible, but with the QV engine.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
414 Posts
Ti Lusso light wood package, creama seats with performance package so you get the active suspension if you want it to perform better. Otherwise no performance package.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Replace the hood, front bumper, front quarter panels, and wheels on a Quad? Then the only telltale would be the 4 tail pipes.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Rockers are a dead give away as is the rear diffuser......

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
I think you'll forever be fighting that even the most base base Giulia is not a sleepy car. And even the hottest Quadrifoglio lacks a boy racer wing.

That said, de-badge, choose black or gray brake calipers, paint any exposed carbon, and be careful about when you open up the exhaust. You can also mask a portion of the headlamps so long as you don't interfere with their operation.

If you'd like to go all-in frumpy, how about slapping on some old Ford Contour or Mondeo badges? Or maybe even Kia. Don't worry, those in the know will know what it really is.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Are you thinking of buying a QV and wimping it down to look like a standard Giulia or buying a standard Giulia and dropping a QV engine into it?
Either way seems kinda like a fool's errand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts