Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked and answered on here, but what are the service intervals for the Giulia, and the cost (I realize the latter will vary by the labour cost of the dealer)?

I'm in SoCal and looking to get a base Giulia.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Apologies if this has been asked and answered on here, but what are the service intervals for the Giulia, and the cost (I realize the latter will vary by the labour cost of the dealer)?

I'm in SoCal and looking to get a base Giulia.
For the 2.0 engine, I was told annual services or at every 10k/12k miles... Service consists of oil and filters, with the exception year 3 or 36k is plugs as well..

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Quad

After careful break in, I changed the oil on my Quad at 1100 miles....Next service will be at 6000 miles...High Boost engine....I think I'm buying insurance and peace of mind.....I could also be pissing away some money....:crying:

Reactions: AlfaAndy

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
After careful break in, I changed the oil on my Quad at 1100 miles....Next service will be at 6000 miles...High Boost engine....I think I'm buying insurance and peace of mind.....I could also be pissing away some money....:crying:
Well put Dr. P., It is cheap insurance that provides peace of mind.
In years past, engines came through from new with what was called break-in oil. It was (typically) just a lower viscosity engine oil that helped certain internal engine parts break-in, or wear-in, from their brand new condition and "mate" to their adjoining parts. These days I know of no major manufacturer that uses a different engine oil in their new engines, compared to what they recommend for the next oil service. During this break-in time period (again, in years past, European manufacturers would recommend returning in about 1000 kilometers=621 miles for that first oil service), as the engine parts are wearing in, there might be more small bits of metal sloughing-off, inside the engine, than after the break-in period. Also there is the possibility of bits of dirt and dust inside the engine from it's initial assembly. Also, perhaps, during this break-in period the piston rings are not sealing to the cylinder walls as well as they will be after the break-in period, and are allowing (more) small amounts of combustion gasses to pass into the crankcase and foul the engine oil. All of these factors contribute to why some folks believe that it is in their best interest to perform their first oil change at 500-1000 miles, and then, thereafter, follow a longer oil change interval more inline with what the manufacturer recommends. It might be called cheap insurance for those anal retentive folks, who want to do whatever they can to do best by their engine so that it might last forever. I'll be changing my oil and filter at the 500-1000 mile mark.

Reactions: The_Dude

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Does this seem correct for a 3 year / 30K mile service for a 2017 Giulia with 15K miles?

The following services are recommended for your vehicle based on age . Engine air filter $122.22
cabin dust filter $155.89
Brake fluid exch. $172.55
serpentine belt $ 169.00
oil change $ 209.00

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Does this seem correct for a 3 year / 30K mile service for a 2017 Giulia with 15K miles?

The following services are recommended for your vehicle based on age . Engine air filter $122.22
cabin dust filter $155.89
Brake fluid exch. $172.55
serpentine belt $ 169.00
oil change $ 209.00
At 3-1/2 years after its “birthdate”, and 2 yrs - 8 months after the purchase/in service date I had:

oil and filter $123
tire rotation $50
brake fluid flush $180

per dealer recommendation at Alfa/Maserati dealer. No cabin filter or serpentine belt suggested. However, mileage was only 11.9K.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
At 3-1/2 years after its “birthdate”, and 2 yrs - 8 months after the purchase/in service date I had:

oil and filter $123
tire rotation $50
brake fluid flush $180

per dealer recommendation at Alfa/Maserati dealer. No cabin filter or serpentine belt suggested. However, mileage was only 11.9K.
Basically our cars are almost identical at the 3 year mark with mileage.

Every dealer tells you something different.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
845 Posts
Do some of the work you're self if you can. Changing an air filter is super easy. Changing the oil on the 4 cylinder is much easier than the QV. The cabin air filter is a pair in all Alfa's, it can be done if you are willing to put in the time. No to the serpentine belt and plugs on the 4 cylinder are 60k.

I would order the stuff from centerline or alfismo.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Do some of the work you're self if you can. Changing an air filter is super easy. Changing the oil on the 4 cylinder is much easier than the QV. The cabin air filter is a pair in all Alfa's, it can be done if you are willing to put in the time. No to the serpentine belt and plugs on the 4 cylinder are 60k.

I would order the stuff from centerline or alfismo.
ehhh, no. I’ve outgrown working on cars, only want to drive them, thanks.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
@lgbalfa , if you can turn a screwdriver, you can replace the engine air filter, and save about $100. Go to a Dodge-Jeep Dealer and have them change the engine oil and filter. Another local Giulia owner took his there and sent me images of the invoice showing the correct FCA part numbers for the MaxPro 0W-30 SNPlus oil and Mopar filter and the total charge of, wait for it, $70.97 out the door. The cabin filter is a bit more difficult because it is under/behind the glovebox. There are YouTube vids to help if you want to try. Unless the serp belt has been damaged, it should last another 3-4 years or 60k miles or more. Have the Dealer do the brake fluid flush. Just my $0.02

Reactions: Hoosbeach

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
719 Posts
Here is what my local dealer just sent me. Oil change/air filter change are insane:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts