Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stop me if you have heard this one.

Went away for 4th of July weekend, came back, went to work on Monday AM (yesterday) and she would not start. The doors unlocked and the ignition button turned on all accessories like it normally does, seat moved, etc, but the engine would not even attempt to to turn over. Finally after about 15 minutes of pressing the button while I waited for my wife to get ready to drive me to work, she eventually started up. Leaving work that day, same thing happened but I tried the fob and auto started her after about 2 min of useless ignition button pressing. Today, no issues whatsoever. I never left any light on or anything to drain the battery.

So what say you? Anyone else had this happen?

P.S. Car is exactly one year old, 5,400 miles.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Stop me if you have heard this one.

Went away for 4th of July weekend, came back, went to work on Monday AM (yesterday) and she would not start. The doors unlocked the and ignition button turned on all accessories like it does, seat moved, etc, but the engine would not even attempt to to turn over. Finally after about 15 minutes of pressing the button while I waited for my wife to get ready to drive me to work, she eventually started up. Leaving work that day, same thing happened but I tried the fob and auto started her after about 2 min of useless ignition button pressing. Today, no issues whatsoever. I never left any light on or anything to drain the battery.

So what say you? Anyone else had this happen?
Any chance your key was damaged? Try to start it with your key on the hotspot?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Which model year? Have software updates/TSBs have been performed to bring it up-to-date?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
Almost sounds as if the car had an emotional reaction to sitting idle.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Which model year? Have software updates/TSBs have been performed to bring it up-to-date?

MY 2017, purchased in June 2017. It had the latest updates at that time, no updates since.
My may 2017 build has had at least 10 TSB/RRTs....can't say for sure related to your issue but I would get the car updated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My may 2017 build has had at least 10 TSB/RRTs....can't say for sure related to your issue but I would get the car updated.

Wow, 10? Sound advice. I am now due for my 1st annual "service" that is supposed to be complimentary from my dealer. As good a time as any to get those done.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
MY 2017, purchased in June 2017. It had the latest updates at that time, no updates since.
Think it would definitely be due for the T57 drivability campaign. Have you downloaded the Alfa app and registered your car so you can check?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Think it would definitely be due for the T57 drivability campaign. Have you downloaded the Alfa app and registered your car so you can check?
No....how do you do this ?......D

·
Registered
134 Posts
The timeframe is shorter than my experience, but yes, I had the exact same issue after leaving the car for a month. The battery was dead (personally I think she thought I had abandoned her and was paying me back for not driving). She took 15 minutes attached to another car before she would even consider turning over.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Wow, 10? Sound advice. I am now due for my 1st annual "service" that is supposed to be complimentary from my dealer. As good a time as any to get those done.
2017 June Build. Sat around for 8 months on the lot and have not had to have any updates yet in the 3.5 months i have had it. The local dealer said everything was up to date when she shipped. The local dealer checked the VIN.

We had some weird thing happen when my husband hit the button and nothing happened. I was taking the car in the next day on what I thought was a battery issue turned out to be a remote start circuit something and there was a TSB on that. What that would have to do with someone sitting in a car hitting the start button and a problem with remote start I don’t know. But since they did the fix it hasn’t happened again.Although maybe she doesn’t like my husband driving her. Never happened to me

Good thing you are due for your maintenance check otherwise I would take it in regardless. One bug maybe that many no. Not acceptable.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Thanks....I have registered on the web site.....D

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
I guess I've been lucky. My car has sat longer than that three times without problem and (fingers crossed) will do so two more times this year.
I wish the app worked as well. It never emails me to register, and yes I've checked the junk folder to ensure they haven't landed there.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The App is okay, but I think it only shows the required RRTs or TSBs tied to your VIN. It's been my experience that most of the RRTs that are available are "optional" and only available if you report the specific problem to your dealer. My QV that I took on delivery was supposedly up to date and the app didn't show anything outstanding. Then my dealership changed and I took the car into the new dealership requesting a few updates that I'd read about here. I was able to get several additional RRTs done. The HK amp firmware, the better hood latch assembly, brake work, and infotainment update. IMO a good relationship with your service department manager is more valuable than the app.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
The App is okay, but I think it only shows the required RRTs or TSBs tied to your VIN. It's been my experience that most of the RRTs that are available are "optional" and only available if you report the specific problem to your dealer. My QV that I took on delivery was supposedly up to date and the app didn't show anything outstanding. Then my dealership changed and I took the car into the new dealership requesting a few updates that I'd read about here. I was able to get several additional RRTs done. The HK amp firmware, the better hood latch assembly, brake work, and infotainment update. IMO a good relationship with your service department managet is more valuable than the app.
Agree, the app (or website) is only a starting point, it’s content is pretty skimpy. Ask your service manager to pull a complete service history on the car, then you can see all the updates that were done while in the dealers (or prior owners) possession.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts