Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Here is a good website that aggregates car sales data in a multitude of different ways. For January it shows 70 sold and for February shows 412 sold................keep buying everyone!!!

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/10/alfa-romeo-giulia-sales-stats-usa-canada.html

Interesting that it also shows 7 were sold in September of 2016 and 29 in December 2016.
Really hope this continues, don't want to see an initial burst like with the Fiat 500 and then an absolutely massive dropoff soon thereafter. I plan to get one by Spring. Just hope they bring over another shipment soon, most of the cars for sale are highly optioned ($$$) and I don't need 99% of the options. Plus based on the way I drive demos, I do not want to buy a demo car :laugh:

·
Registered
242 Posts
... Just hope they bring over another shipment soon, most of the cars for sale are highly optioned ($$$) and I don't need 99% of the options. Plus based on the way I drive demos, I do not want to buy a demo car :laugh:
Based on this, dealers are encouraged to order nicely spec'd cars, so your not likely to see many strippers.
http://www.aroc-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2017-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia.pdf
If you want a lightly optioned model, you'll have to special order.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Based on this, dealers are encouraged to order nicely spec'd cars, so your not likely to see many strippers.
No, all I have to do is wait. Once demand isn't so high, they will bring in lesser option (less than fully-loaded, not necessarily "stripped" cars) and then I will buy. Good brochure though, very fascinating. I am in no rush

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I was planning to buy shares of FCAU and make a quick trade on hopefully good earnings on Alfa Romeo sales.
I have been in FCAU since 10.98 it broke out of resistance a few weeks ago and is continuing its uptrend nicely, I think we see 11.80s soon, but I only do technicals, I don't care about fundamentals 99% of the time

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
find that to be the same at BMW, AUDI, MERC.....they see what people want and pre-check the boxes....the fact of the matter is most people buy from dealer stock OR dealer will locate...thats how I got my wife's 340Xi M-Sport

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been in FCAU since 10.98 it broke out of resistance a few weeks ago and is continuing its uptrend nicely, I think we see 11.80s soon, but I only do technicals, I don't care about fundamentals 99% of the time

I would be more than happy with a move over its 52 week high. Although almost every other company has passed its 52 week high at this point. I noticed low cap stocks are taking a beating though. I still can't believe SNAP's market cap...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I would be more than happy with a move over its 52 week high. Although almost every other company has passed its 52 week high at this point. I noticed low cap stocks are taking a beating though. I still can't believe SNAP's market cap...
Me as well. Yeah SNAP is pretty absurd honestly, maybe I buy at lower prices soon enough with encouraging words of better future management but definitely not right now. In this environment stock picking isn't really working for me as much as in the past, greater market easier to just 'buy dips'

·
Registered
189 Posts
Really hope this continues, don't want to see an initial burst like with the Fiat 500 and then an absolutely massive dropoff soon thereafter. I plan to get one by Spring. Just hope they bring over another shipment soon, most of the cars for sale are highly optioned ($$$) and I don't need 99% of the options. Plus based on the way I drive demos, I do not want to buy a demo car :laugh:

Yes, agree, i was able to find base Giulia with very minimal options in TX, basically a $40K car.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yes, agree, i was able to find base Giulia with very minimal options in TX, basically a $40K car.
That's basically what I want, my only requirement is paddles, and no sunroof! For a Ti I want to pay less than 44k if I can. 48 is not happening. Congrats on finding a good deal on one, I think I am starting to see some show up around here as well

·
Registered
236 Posts
Apparently Alfa was off to a good start in China. They sold out all 350 of the Giulia "Milano" on the first day (order book opened just yesterday). The car is basically the 2.0T 280HP, asking price around 60k USD. Looks like Alfa sided with Taobao - the Chinese equivalent to Amazon.com - to sell the car online, together with existing Maserati dealers.

Would be interesting to see if it has any legs, considering the higher demand of long wheel base sedans in the market.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,027 Posts
i think the Asian market is going to go nuts with this car

China is crucial to Sergio's plans and in fact a downturn in China recently caused all sorts of re-evluations at FCA with delays and pauses

success in China and Asia will mean we get GTAs and coupes a lot sooner LoL

... and the Alfieri

·
Registered
576 Posts
Apparently Alfa was off to a good start in China. They sold out all 350 of the Giulia "Milano" on the first day (order book opened just yesterday). The car is basically the 2.0T 280HP, asking price around 60k USD. Looks like Alfa sided with Taobao - the Chinese equivalent to Amazon.com - to sell the car online, together with existing Maserati dealers.

Would be interesting to see if it has any legs, considering the higher demand of long wheel base sedans in the market.
The more interesting part of the story is that 60 Quadrifoglio sold for close to $150k. Read that again...looks like ONLY 60 Quadrifoglio for launch in China! This car is going to remain VERY rare worldwide. Just speculation, but guessing the U.S. will only see about 200-250 Giulia QVs for first year production/sales.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts