Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am growing pretty impatient in waiting for the QV I ordered in June and am looking at alternatives.......
I have not test driven an M2 yet, but how does it compare to a QV?

I have decided to test drive one just to make myself a better informed consumer.......

·
Registered
576 Posts
^^^True! Nice car but zero comparison to the Quadrifoglio. BTW...I heard from local Alfa dealer is holding back lots of 2018 cars at port due to the glut of 2017 Giulias sitting on all dealer lots. Would assume that also applies to ordered cars as well. Hang tough! Worth the wait. Chambers, Kelly, or Central?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^True! Nice car but zero comparison to the Quadrifoglio. BTW...I heard from local Alfa dealer is holding back lots of 2018 cars at port due to the glut of 2017 Giulias sitting on all dealer lots. Would assume that also applies to ordered cars as well. Hang tough! Worth the wait. Chambers, Kelly, or Central?
I wouldn't be surprised about them holding car at the ports, but I believe @Sal Scotto Q is a MY17, so why would they do that?
I am hanging in there...... not liking it, but I have bitten by the Q bug and there is no turning back...:grin2:

None of the MA dealers were willing to offer me big $$$ off MSRP for a MY18, so I went out of state......

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey Doc... what did the dealership tell you re time for delivery?

Before our MY17 purchase, we were told ordering a 2018 (because we had to at the time) would be 6 months for delivery. This was in June so it seems if anyone receives a MY18 Quad before December is a "win".

Hang tough until at least mid-October. If you don't have an update that it's "on it's way" then maybe start looking for something else (RS3 ;)).

pazienza

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would think a M3 Competition Package or M2 would be BMW's best competitor to the QV. Definitely worth a test drive.

Writing off a competitor without experiencing it yourself is certainly risking regret, at a minimum.

I'm head over heels for the QV myself, but I will at least test drive an ATS-V, probably M3 & C63 too. Maybe even a pre-owned GT-R as well...a long-time dream car of mine. Today's modern, sports sedans seem to have eclipsed the need to go to a more traditional "sports car" like a GT-R, Corvette, or even 911, IMO.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would think a M3 Competition Package or M2 would be BMW's best competitor to the QV. Definitely worth a test drive.

Writing off a competitor without experiencing it yourself is certainly risking regret, at a minimum.

I'm head over heels for the QV myself, but I will at least test drive an ATS-V, probably M3 & C63 too. Maybe even a pre-owned GT-R as well...a long-time dream car of mine. Today's modern, sports sedans seem to have eclipsed the need to go to a more traditional "sports car" like a GT-R, Corvette, or even 911, IMO.
911? Heresy.......

Reactions: Blkmmba

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Dottore,
M2 is a fun car, flogged one for the better part of the day at MMC, but really not a cross shop. For so many reasons. Fact is I'd keep the 997S before I'd give it up for an M2. As close as BMW has come to the original M3 in quite some time.
ATS-V would be interesting but the interior on the QV is much nicer IMHO.
That leaves you with the ZCP M3, very competent for sure but left me cold. Not a big Audi fan though I almost bought and RS6 considered trading in my E39 for one. The RS3 is going to be smaller though than the Quad
Stick it out Dottore, it's not like you don't have anything that's not silly fun to drive!
Hmm let's see a 997C2S, a SRT Jeep and you can always terrorize the neighbors with the Spec Boxster LOL!
Patience
m

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
M3 to QV is a better comparison. For the money the M2 is a great car. It should trounce the Ti Sport.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dottore,
M2 is a fun car, flogged one for the better part of the day at MMC, but really not a cross shop. For so many reasons. Fact is I'd keep the 997S before I'd give it up for an M2. As close as BMW has come to the original M3 in quite some time.
ATS-V would be interesting but the interior on the QV is much nicer IMHO.
That leaves you with the ZCP M3, very competent for sure but left me cold. Not a big Audi fan though I almost bought and RS6 considered trading in my E39 for one. The RS3 is going to be smaller though than the Quad
Stick it out Dottore, it's not like you don't have anything that's not silly fun to drive!
Hmm let's see a 997C2S, a SRT Jeep and you can always terrorize the neighbors with the Spec Boxster LOL!
Patience
m
You definitely have a point there! But you know how it is professore, you can never have enough toys.....:grin2:

·
Vendor
3,566 Posts
I am growing pretty impatient in waiting for the QV I ordered in June and am looking at alternatives.......
I have not test driven an M2 yet, but how does it compare to a QV?

I have decided to test drive one just to make myself a better informed consumer.......
Patience. It's an Alfa. I have owned tons of them and deal with alfa and italy on a daily basis. It can take time but in the end you will be happy. There is nothing else like it performance-wise. Design-wise I can say it's nothing special like the older alfa's. My point, wait! If not you will kick yourself when you see one drive by and you are in a boring BMW! (No I like the M3, had a 1991 M3 once, fun car but nothing like an alfa).

Although these cars need nothing out of the box, I will carry some guilia stuff to make it your own unique alfa. Working on a few things and have REMUS mid back coming in soon. ;)

Also, if you want to be around in cyberspace with all the old Alfa guys such as myself, try visiting us on the Alfabb.com. Ciao!

·
Registered
576 Posts
M3 to QV is a better comparison. For the money the M2 is a great car. It should trounce the Ti Sport.
It is a nice car but it can barely outrun an M240i, which speaks volumes about how great the M240i is itself.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It is a nice car but it can barely outrun an M240i, which speaks volumes about how great the M240i is itself.
well kinda....if your just looking at 0-60 1/4 mile etc.
the M2's beauty lies in the engine..forged internals & extra cooling capacity water & oil while the B58 is up on torque until overboost on the M2 kicks in
suspension is where the money was spent...basically w/out getting technical, lifted from the M4
brakes slightly different...and you can't get the DCT in the M240 if your so inclined...

for DD the M240 is more than fine, if your fine with fine:grin2:....if your going to track the car at all, then the M2 will show you how you spent your $$$$

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Patience. It's an Alfa. I have owned tons of them and deal with alfa and italy on a daily basis. It can take time but in the end you will be happy. There is nothing else like it performance-wise. Design-wise I can say it's nothing special like the older alfa's. My point, wait! If not you will kick yourself when you see one drive by and you are in a boring BMW! (No I like the M3, had a 1991 M3 once, fun car but nothing like an alfa).

Although these cars need nothing out of the box, I will carry some guilia stuff to make it your own unique alfa. Working on a few things and have REMUS mid back coming in soon. ;)

Also, if you want to be around in cyberspace with all the old Alfa guys such as myself, try visiting us on the Alfabb.com. Ciao!
then you had the best M3:grin2:

·
Registered
576 Posts
well kinda....if your just looking at 0-60 1/4 mile etc.
the M2's beauty lies in the engine..forged internals & extra cooling capacity water & oil while the B58 is up on torque until overboost on the M2 kicks in
suspension is where the money was spent...basically w/out getting technical, lifted from the M4
brakes slightly different...and you can't get the DCT in the M240 if your so inclined...

for DD the M240 is more than fine, if your fine with fine:grin2:....if your going to track the car at all, then the M2 will show you how you spent your $$$$
I only consider the M240i X-drive convertible for it's amazing versatility. Fast, nice engine sound, decent handling, respectable trunk, AWD, excellent ride...PLUS...the engine is easily tunable to over 400bhp and add the MPE, and it's one **** of a good all arounder. It's actually one of my favorite BMWs.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
646 Posts
Why not an RS3 then? For me, the M2 and RS3 are too small for any practical real world utility. And if your primary intent is to track a car, then you'd be better served looking at proper sports coupes, right? (not to take anything away from the M2).

The QV seems to hit the sweet spot of power, handling, utility and liveability (like a glorious venn-diagram)!

I only have a Q4, and as much as I wanted the QV, I couldn't justify that power where I live (like having a Great Dane dog when you live in an apartment- even though you can, doesn't mean you should!)

I've owned all manner of Audis and Bimmers and the Giulia is just so enjoyable to drive on a daily basis (once you turn off the stop-start).

Stay patient, you will not regret.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Just look around at every pubescent teen driving an M 2 / M 3 / M 4 that their parents bought for them....Clearly Doctore you are a man of more refinement and distinction, no ?

OF COURSE....:wink2:

·
Registered
693 Posts
for DD the M240 is more than fine, if your fine with fine:grin2:....
As an owner of an m235, I agree. It's hard to find fault with it but yet there's something missing. It's not special. I've never owned an M car but I can pretty much guess what an m2 would be like. Stiffer on the daily drive. Probably more fun on the track. Still the same numb steering? One big plus though - it's still available with a 6-speed :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts