Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I said the granite was boring and uninteresting, not the pearl white. I also think that the pictures from the auto show show something very different from the more render-like pictures in this thread.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I said the granite was boring and uninteresting, not the pearl white. I also think that the pictures from the auto show show something very different from the more render-like pictures in this thread.
thats not the granite giulia pictured, thats the slate grey. There is only one white. both slate and white are visible in the picture above. The one you think is pearl white is actually slate grey...

·
Registered
288 Posts
thats not the granite giulia pictured, thats the slate grey. There is only one white. both slate and white are visible in the picture above. The one you think is pearl white is actually slate grey...
Oh OK, I see what is going on here. Like I said the renders are far different representations of the colors than the pictures are. They didn't do a very good job.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh OK, I see what is going on here. Like I said the renders are far different representations of the colors than the pictures are. They didn't do a very good job.
Its difficult to add depth to a 2 dimensional rendering... many of the complexities you see in paint are just how it interacts with the light in its environment... the renderings are by nature flat and lightless...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Reason why I use images like this as a reference point, at the very least they help you eliminate what colors you know you won't like and push you to wanting to see those colors you like in person. Quite possible the dealer has these in some catalog or display.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Reason why I use images like this as a reference point, at the very least they help you eliminate what colors you know you won't like and push you to wanting to see those colors you like in person. Quite possible the dealer has these in some catalog or display.
Online configurators should have better representations of the colors though. They are more than capable of putting up more realistic pictures of each color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts