Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm trying to understand what is the objective of your thread. We're an Alfa Romeo Giulia Forums. We already know that the QV is shit, one of the worst cars ever made and that Alfa Romeo should be paying us to take those QVs from their dealerships. So, I wonder why did you just register to this Forums few minutes ago and wrote such a brilliant post.
My QV isn’t shit. In fact It’s brilliant.

·
Premium Member
2019, Alfa Romeo Guilia Ti, RWD
11 Posts
My 2017 (05/17) just received a new engine. Total junk. :p

DOH!
Is that your newish black QV? Sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My MY2018 Q4 has imperfect gaps, but they are not horrendous. The trunk lid rubs the rear fascia and the left rear passenger door rubs the C pillar; I believe that the former problem is well known and that the trunk lid rubber stops were redesigned to fix it. Gap issues on my car appear where the plastic fascia meet metal, also a common problem and for my car not bad enough to worry about it.

The paint issue on the OP's car seems to point to damage that required post-factory repaint. Cars do get damaged during shipping from time to time...
The port of Zebrugge in Belgium is the largest car handling port in the world - 2.8 million cars per year - and I believe it is used by Alfa Romeo.

The port has onsite car crash repair facilities so that cars damaged in transit do not have to be returned to the manufacturer for repair. Perhaps this car was damaged in transit and badly repaired at Zebrugge or elsewhere.

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
2 Posts
Hello!

About 7 weeks ago I switched from a Veloce Lusso 2019 to a new 2021 QV.

1. The poor workmanship of the body is striking:

• Gaps in the driver's door are uneven (passenger door is OK)
  • The fender on the driver's side is screwed tightly in the direction of the A-pillar without a large gap, the paint is already peeling off (passenger side is OK)
  • The carbon bonnet is mounted about 10 mm too deep on the driver's side compared to the fender.
Workshop statement: this is due to the manufacturing quality of the hood and nothing can be done
  • The passenger door has a 10mm light spot in the paintwork (Rosso Competizione)
  • The transitions from the bumper to the fender are not that great either, but I leave it that way
Workshop action: adjust the door, dismantle and adjust the fenders, repaint the passenger door.
Comment: I have seen this poor manufacturing quality of other QVs, but not with the 4-cylinder models. Can someone confirm the problems?

2. The side bead of the rear bench protrudes approx. 30 mm. Somebody must have noticed that during quality control.

3. Roaring noises
At around 150-160 km / h, booming noises occur at a low frequency (I didn't have it at all with my Veloce). This was confirmed by the workshop master and a reference run was made with another new QV. Here, too, the identical noises were confirmed and thus found to be normal. Can anybody confirm this?

FYI: I've been driving AR with a lot of new cars since 1984, but I've never come across anything like that. This is how AR never comes up.
Hello!

• The fender on the driver's side is screwed tightly in the direction of the A-pillar without a large gap, the paint is already peeling off (passenger side is OK)
  • The carbon bonnet is mounted about 10 mm too deep on the driver's side compared to the fender.
Workshop statement: this is due to the manufacturing quality of the hood and nothing can be done
  • The passenger door has a 10mm light spot in the paintwork (Rosso Competizione)
  • The transitions from the bumper to the fender are not that great either, but I leave it that way
Workshop action: adjust the door, dismantle and adjust the fenders, repaint the passenger door.
Comment: I have seen this poor manufacturing quality of other QVs, but not with the 4-cylinder models. Can someone confirm the problems?

2. The side bead of the rear bench protrudes approx. 30 mm. Somebody must have noticed that during quality control.

3. Roaring noises
At around 150-160 km / h, booming noises occur at a low frequency (I didn't have it at all with my Veloce). This was confirmed by the workshop master and a reference run was made with another new QV. Here, too, the identical noises were confirmed and thus found to be normal. Can anybody confirm this?

FYI: I've been driving AR with a lot of new cars since 1984, but I've never come across anything like that. This is how AR never comes up.
Oh you Germans, so picky. ;)
We Italians call that character..

The hood can be adjusted.. Just loosen the bolts and tweak it.

I don't notice any of those issues on mine though..
I have a 2021 QV with nearly 4,000 miles on her so far, with absolutely no issues to speak of! The paint quality of the Rosso Competizione tricoat is stunning, easily as good or better than Porsches I have owned in the past, with incredible depth and consistency. Hood alignment is perfect, and door gaps are even and the doors are very nicely aligned and open and close perfectly. I think we have been pre-conditioned to EXPECT trouble with these cars, but problems I suspected I had turned out to be user error, like the time I thought the a/c shut off on a warm day ... after much panic, I determined that I had simply bumped the a/c button when plugging in my phone and putting it into the storage bin under the climate control panel! I couldn't be happier with this car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dealer replaced the parabolic interpreter with a good used one and that fixed every problem I've never had with my Giulia Q4.

·
Registered
EX 2017 Giulia QV - Sparco - Carbo Ceramic
15 Posts
Hello!

3. Roaring noises

Simple : the QV is made in Cassino near Rome - the veloce is not. Crappy site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a new 2.0 literGuilia owner, I rate the Giulia fit and finish among the best on any new car that I was shopping for. I cross shopped Audi BMW Lexus Acura VW Mazda Cadillac Subaru Merc, and my mom just bought a Tesla (The worst by a mile!). Alfa is easily top 3 in quality from what I saw. ...... Shit happens, but is don’t think build quality is something us Giulia owners have to worry about.

I am 100% satisfied so far (3 months and 3000 miles). I feel I made the right choice!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don’t think we should immediately call BS on people just because they have a complaint about their car. Isn’t part of the purpose of a forum to be a resource for the broader community? if someone buys a Giulia and has issues and comes here for help, I think we have a responsibility to help first and give the benefit of the doubt rather than calling BS without evidence. The same treatment that we ourselves would hope for if we were in their shoes.

PS: the above behavior is the exact reason why the Tesla fanboy community is so toxic. You pretty much have to start any concerned sentence with “I love Teslas and my car is great, but…” in order to avoid getting completely roasted and accused of astroturfing. I don’t want to see this community go in that direction.
I have to agree with Carrotcake on this. Though I feel the person who originally started the tread erred. The way he framed his issues with his QV will most certainly strike a nerve with those hard-core Alfa aficionados. To those I say right on! The brand deserves those kind of people! They have a passion for the brand that I admire!

As for this poor QV owner I feel bad that the car he ordered did not meet his expectations. We always want to welcome all Alfa owners with open arms and grow our Alfa fam! Though the issue with panel gaps I hope will be remedied by his dealer. As one previous person mentioned on the thread to post and not have given the Alfa time to correct the problem I feel is a little unfair. I understand his frustration. Though many car manufacturers have issues with panel gaps as another person has mentioned. My hope in this community is that we can see all sides of the issues a person here may have...possibly offer tips or solutions to help. Now there will be those whom I feel come to these forums looking to stir up some trouble...to those I will release the hounds of Alfa on you the Giulianos of the forum and beware! I also feel that people need to remember these cars are made by PEOPLE and we are flawed beings. So one should expect that unfortunately we will make flawed things...cars are no exception to that rule.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello!

3. Roaring noises

My 2019 has none of these problems, good fit and finish, no unusual noises at 100mph. I recently drove 6 hours at speeds of 100mph without problems, except for large trucks that kick up stones, but this is the USA where such things are common.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would of waited to see if they fixed it before writing a review. Only fair. Especially since you bought it and signed for it after having the opportunity to look it over first.
This is not a manufacturer's or shopping site. If it were, I might agree with you. But this is a discussion forum and everyone can benefit from open discussions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
so why the misleading heading that implies all QV have poor build quality
Get a grip, man. That's entirely your inference. There's no such general implication there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
This is my current statistic regarding the body issues of the Giulia QV:
  1. my 2021 rosso competizione Giulia QV: hood does not match the driver fender, the driver fender is too tight to the a pillar, gap size driver door uneven
  2. 2021 rosso Alfa Giulia QV at the same dealer: hood does not match the driver fender, the driver fender is too tight to the a pillar, gap size driver door uneven
  3. 2017 black metallic Giulia QV at my local dealer: hood does not match the driver fender
  4. 2019 new Racing Giulia QV at my local dealer (Sept. 3): the driver fender is too tight to the a pillar, gap size driver door uneven
  5. 2020 new black metallic Giulia QV at my local dealer (Sept. 3): the driver fender is too tight to the a pillar, gap size driver door uneven
Once more: I did not observe this for the 4 cylinder models.

In the meantime, I have the feeling the QQ is manufactured on a different production line in Cassino than the 4 cylinder models.....

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,842 Posts
Get a grip, man. That's entirely your inference. There's no such general implication there.
ah yes there is - i will repeat it for you as well
the inclusion of the words BUILD QUALITY more than simply implies, it directly claims that it was BUILT LIKE THAT AT THE FACTORY

there is no evidence of this being the case, and on the contrary it is most likely an AFTERMARKET balls up

Get a grip, man
and be like you ? ... no thanks LOL

ps, there is no need for that sort of "behaviour" champinon

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Once more: I did not observe this for the 4 cylinder models.

In the meantime, I have the feeling the QQ is manufactured on a different production line in Cassino than the 4 cylinder models.....
so you are still insisting, holding on to the belief and continuing with your denial that you bought a smashed up car at heavily discounted price and want to attempt to accuse this of being exported from Cassino as is

despite ALL the feedback that has been provided to you LOL

listen, i have a very nice coathanger bridge that doesnt have any panel gaps, paint flaking off, or missing bolts ... going for a heavily discounted once only online special price just for you

i can even provide a picture ... great harbour views, and available for inspection 24/7

https://s1.at.atcdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2005/09/Sydney-Harbour-Bridge-800x584.jpg

the building to the left with the crooked faulty looking roof - thats an optional extra, already SOLD to @pltrgyst

:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
so you are still insisting, holding on to the belief and continuing with your denial that you bought a smashed up car at heavily discounted price and want to attempt to accuse this of being exported from Cassino as is

despite ALL the feedback that has been provided to you LOL

listen, i have a very nice coathanger bridge that doesnt have any panel gaps, paint flaking off, or missing bolts ... going for a heavily discounted once only online special price just for you

i can even provide a picture ... great harbour views, and available for inspection 24/7
Where did I tell that I bought a smashed and heavily discounted car? I just see the facts. I guess you are the only one who LOL. I just can tell you that I have a very long history of Alfa Romeo and own all volume models since 1970, but I did not see such a disaster like with this QV.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Where did I tell that I bought a smashed and heavily discounted car?
are you the only one who can make assumptions and hold an opinion ? -

all through the thread, you said it was heavily discounted - had to be for a reason - and the reason is because it was peculiar - NOT because they are all like that, (from Cassino none the less lol) otherwise you would have been charged FULL RETAIL

the paint is not applied differently per panel - the entire car is dipped in the paint, as the Cassino videos demonstrate - any single panel paint anomalies are aftermarket botch ups

have you even considered what everyone is telling you ? no, you are continually insisting it was BUILT that way

YOU came here for advice, i assume ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
I have to agree with Carrotcake on this. Though I feel the person who originally started the tread erred. The way he framed his issues with his QV will most certainly strike a nerve with those hard-core Alfa aficionados. To those I say right on! The brand deserves those kind of people! They have a passion for the brand that I admire!

As for this poor QV owner I feel bad that the car he ordered did not meet his expectations. We always want to welcome all Alfa owners with open arms and grow our Alfa fam! Though the issue with panel gaps I hope will be remedied by his dealer. As one previous person mentioned on the thread to post and not have given the Alfa time to correct the problem I feel is a little unfair. I understand his frustration. Though many car manufacturers have issues with panel gaps as another person has mentioned. My hope in this community is that we can see all sides of the issues a person here may have...possibly offer tips or solutions to help. Now there will be those whom I feel come to these forums looking to stir up some trouble...to those I will release the hounds of Alfa on you the Giulianos of the forum and beware! I also feel that people need to remember these cars are made by PEOPLE and we are flawed beings. So one should expect that unfortunately we will make flawed things...cars are no exception to that rule.
I am an Alfisti, grew up in Alfas and own around 15 Alfa Romeos, but I am not sure if I will continue in the future time. Yes, I have concerns that AR is working on continuous quality improvements. In my case, I have the feeling that AR did not spend the effort to calibrate the robots very well. As well, in the meantime, I guess that Alfa Romeo has applied additional quality controls for selected export markets, because my issues are not reported by the other owners here. AR should be capable to manufacture consistent quality.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts