Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

About 7 weeks ago I switched from a Veloce Lusso 2019 to a new 2021 QV.

1. The poor workmanship of the body is striking:

• Gaps in the driver's door are uneven (passenger door is OK)
  • The fender on the driver's side is screwed tightly in the direction of the A-pillar without a large gap, the paint is already peeling off (passenger side is OK)
  • The carbon bonnet is mounted about 10 mm too deep on the driver's side compared to the fender.
Workshop statement: this is due to the manufacturing quality of the hood and nothing can be done
  • The passenger door has a 10mm light spot in the paintwork (Rosso Competizione)
  • The transitions from the bumper to the fender are not that great either, but I leave it that way
Workshop action: adjust the door, dismantle and adjust the fenders, repaint the passenger door.
Comment: I have seen this poor manufacturing quality of other QVs, but not with the 4-cylinder models. Can someone confirm the problems?

2. The side bead of the rear bench protrudes approx. 30 mm. Somebody must have noticed that during quality control.

3. Roaring noises
At around 150-160 km / h, booming noises occur at a low frequency (I didn't have it at all with my Veloce). This was confirmed by the workshop master and a reference run was made with another new QV. Here, too, the identical noises were confirmed and thus found to be normal. Can anybody confirm this?

FYI: I've been driving AR with a lot of new cars since 1984, but I've never come across anything like that. This is how AR never comes up.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
333 Posts
Oh you Germans, so picky. ;)
We Italians call that character..

The hood can be adjusted.. Just loosen the bolts and tweak it.

I don't notice any of those issues on mine though..

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hello!

About 7 weeks ago I switched from a Veloce Lusso 2019 to a new 2021 QV.

1. The poor workmanship of the body is striking:

• Gaps in the driver's door are uneven (passenger door is OK)
  • The fender on the driver's side is screwed tightly in the direction of the A-pillar without a large gap, the paint is already peeling off (passenger side is OK)
  • The carbon bonnet is mounted about 10 mm too deep on the driver's side compared to the fender.
Workshop statement: this is due to the manufacturing quality of the hood and nothing can be done
  • The passenger door has a 10mm light spot in the paintwork (Rosso Competizione)
  • The transitions from the bumper to the fender are not that great either, but I leave it that way
Workshop action: adjust the door, dismantle and adjust the fenders, repaint the passenger door.
Comment: I have seen this poor manufacturing quality of other QVs, but not with the 4-cylinder models. Can someone confirm the problems?

2. The side bead of the rear bench protrudes approx. 30 mm. Somebody must have noticed that during quality control.

3. Roaring noises
At around 150-160 km / h, booming noises occur at a low frequency (I didn't have it at all with my Veloce). This was confirmed by the workshop master and a reference run was made with another new QV. Here, too, the identical noises were confirmed and thus found to be normal. Can anybody confirm this?

FYI: I've been driving AR with a lot of new cars since 1984, but I've never come across anything like that. This is how AR never comes up.
My 2018 QV overall fit and finish is ok when you get a huge discount . I would understand your concerns if you pay sticker for it. I did notice a few occlusions in the paint and the drivers door is probably 2mm too low. I thought the drivers door was starting to say but inspection the hinges and striker say it's been that way from day one and I never noticed it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My MY21 QV is all fine in every way and in five months I have done 11,000 plus miles without a problem.

Maybe your car was built in the days before Christmas 2020 when the factory workers had other things on their mind.

• Haha
Reactions: shpuncik

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'm trying to understand what is the objective of your thread. We're an Alfa Romeo Giulia Forums. We already know that the QV is shit, one of the worst cars ever made and that Alfa Romeo should be paying us to take those QVs from their dealerships. So, I wonder why did you just register to this Forums few minutes ago and wrote such a brilliant post.

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
My 2017 (05/17) just received a new engine. Total junk. :p

DOH!

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
i had to replace an entire 159 with a Giulia ...

it was a compulsive buy
Replaced a 164QV and a Giulia Ti Sport for a Giulia Qv. Compulsive is an under-statement. Both the 164 and the Giulia QV needed new engines. Junk!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh you Germans, so picky. ;)
We Italians call that character..

The hood can be adjusted.. Just loosen the bolts and tweak it.

I don't notice any of those issues on mine though..
As I mentioned, I owned several new ARs in the past and I am surprised that the quality is decreased. Guessed that the hood can be adjusted, but the dealer rejected due to the carbon made quality...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm trying to understand what is the objective of your thread. We're an Alfa Romeo Giulia Forums. We already know that the QV is shit, one of the worst cars ever made and that Alfa Romeo should be paying us to take those QVs from their dealerships. So, I wonder why did you just register to this Forums few minutes ago and wrote such a brilliant post.
I had a good body quality of my previous 2019 Lusso Veloce. Maybe the dealers should ship back the QVs to EU, because here is high demand. just seeing the pre-orders of my dealer.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
As I mentioned, I owned several new ARs in the past and I am surprised that the quality is decreased. Guessed that the hood can be adjusted, but the dealer rejected due to the carbon made quality...
Honestly though, if you are unhappy with the quality and problem is there but cannot be fixed, you can reject the car "as not of sufficient quality" at least here in the UK. I had a 2.0 Super before and the QV now for the last year from nearly new and I have none of the issues you describe to the extent that it bothers me despite me being very OCD for such things.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My 2018 QV overall fit and finish is ok when you get a huge discount . I would understand your concerns if you pay sticker for it. I did notice a few occlusions in the paint and the drivers door is probably 2mm too low. I thought the drivers door was starting to say but inspection the hinges and striker say it's been that way from day one and I never noticed it.
Yes, I got a huge discount too, The major topic is that the strikers of the left and right side of the vehicle are too different.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Honestly though, if you are unhappy with the quality and problem is there but cannot be fixed, you can reject the car "as not of sufficient quality" at least here in the UK. I had a 2.0 Super before and the QV now for the last year from nearly new and I have none of the issues you describe to the extent that it bothers me despite me being very OCD for such things.
Guessing that they have 3 tries to fix it. We will see and I will report.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Guessing that they have 3 tries to fix it. We will see and I will report.
I am a mechanical engineer and I work in ancient 'thou' = thousands of an inch. The door seals do roar due to a lot of air leakage at speeds above 120mph. I once drove at 175mph and it was insane wind noise but it doesn't bother me.

Can you post pictures of the poor fit, finish and misalignment? Pictures speak more than words.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts