Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Alfa Romeo has released a set of pictures that reveal the interior of the Giulia QV along with a video that discusses the design. All a part of Alfa's plan to create some hype and generate some buzz around the resurgent brand.

The interior pictures still leave a bit of mystery, but we can see that there is a three-spoke steering wheel with some Alcantara on it. The upper centre console houses the infotainment system screen. Physical buttons appear to be at a minimum. A rotary dial is there for switching drive modes, and another dial provides control for the infotainment system. Red stitching and carbon fiber trim accent the interior.

·
Registered
420 Posts
what surprised me was they went with an integrated infotainment system which many car makers seem to be growing away from, instead a system that mounts on top, looking as if a tablet was placed on the dash.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I actually prefer the integrated infotainment instead of having a screen jutting out on top of the dash. Also like the limited amount of physical buttons in the Giulia's center console. I've seen the interior of a few of the newer car models and they are just crowded with every single button under the sun on top of an integrated infotainment system.
Simplicity at it's best.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm slightly concerned about there being few buttons and a dial to control the infotainment screen. That dial-screen system better be easy to use and not involve deep menus where it's hard to find what you are looking for. The design is nice though; it looks good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm slightly concerned about there being few buttons and a dial to control the infotainment screen. That dial-screen system better be easy to use and not involve deep menus where it's hard to find what you are looking for. The design is nice though; it looks good.
ever use i-Drive or COMMAND? exact same thing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts