Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got back from a trip last night and decided to make a quick run to the store. After taking off the car cover, getting in the Giulia, and starting her up, I noticed the windshield was a bit hazy, so I tapped (and I mean tapped, not held) the lever to spray the windshield washer. The windshield was misted and the wipers went on, but I also noticed some steam coming from the front of the vehicle. I drove to the store and, upon getting out of the car, I discovered that the entire front hood, front quarter panels, and headlamps were covered in soap. Anyone have this issue, or know how to troubleshoot? I have about 1300 miles on the car and this is probably only the second time that I have used the windshield washer. This didn't happen the first time.

·
Supporting Vendor
697 Posts
I got back from a trip last night and decided to make a quick run to the store. After taking off the car cover, getting in the Giulia, and starting her up, I noticed the windshield was a bit hazy, so I tapped (and I mean tapped, not held) the lever to spray the windshield washer. The windshield was misted and the wipers went on, but I also noticed some steam coming from the front of the vehicle. I drove to the store and, upon getting out of the car, I discovered that the entire front hood, front quarter panels, and headlamps were covered in soap. Anyone have this issue, or know how to troubleshoot? I have about 1300 miles on the car and this is probably only the second time that I have used the windshield washer. This didn't happen the first time.

I completed agree. I can see the headlamp washers being useful in really adverse conditions, but in normal usage, when you just want to clean the windshield, they just make a mess.

The solution is to pull the fuse for the headlamp washers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is one, but it is related to the issue some people had with the nozzle supports, that in turn caused them to lose the washer covers.

What the OP described is just the system operating as intended.
Really? So when using the windshield and headlamp washers at a complete stop, having the hood, bumper, and front quarter panels covered in soap is operating as intended?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have never used the headlight washers and do not intend to so I figured I would not have a problem. was not aware that they are connected to the windshield washer...

guess I wont be using that either. I have never been a fan of headlight washers. just another thing to break.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts