Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is some footage of the Alfa Romeo Giulia, and I have to say that there is little ground clearance on display. I have been reading that many Alfas have ground clearance problem.

Nevertheless, we’ve always seen the limited ground clearance as one of the traditional Alfa Romeo features that brought financial trouble to the brand. As you’ve noticed, the industry is finally starting to realize we don’t live on a racetrack, with more and more examples of decent ride height values showing up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Having owned a number of lowered vehicles and knowing how much of a headache it can be to drive around, looks like Giulia owners will have to learn how to drive a lowered vehicle, not fun!

·
Registered
244 Posts
From the looks of it, the Giulia should be able to go over most if not all speed bumps as long as you're not going too fast. I think they're around 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches in height.

·
Registered
420 Posts
From the looks of it, the Giulia should be able to go over most if not all speed bumps as long as you're not going too fast. I think they're around 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches in height.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, at worse you might have to angle your way up speed bumps.

It's going to stuck for anyone that wants to add a splitter, after that you're bound to have some troubles.... reason to go for air ride ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Retractable splitters are available for anyone who wants a splitter and the ability to go over bumps but if they're looking for permanent splitters that don't retract then air suspensions is the only way to go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Retractable splitters are available for anyone who wants a splitter and the ability to go over bumps but if they're looking for permanent splitters that don't retract then air suspensions is the only way to go.
they can't sell you a car that's incapable of going over speed bumps. Even a Ferrari LaFerrari must!

this is a non story from our handy dandy media!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean it does look a little low, but I'm sure they won't make it so low that it is undriveable. I have just heard that this has been a problem for Alfa vehicles in the past.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's the beauty of retractable splitters, serves dual purposes, engages when actually needed for performance and then can be tucked away so it wont get damaged.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The front splitter looks great and it's retractable though I'm not a big fan of the rear splitters. It looks like it extends too far up the rear of the car in this rear picture:

·
Registered
277 Posts
FFS. its not retractable, its moveable. Its called active aero because its adaptable right. The splitter is always there functioning as it should, the activve part of it means that it moves position to optimise downforce. It DOES NOT EXTEND AND RETRACT like a hideaway spoiler for example...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts