Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Airing today or night depending on your time zone, The Grand tour trio takes their tent to Nashville, Tennessee.

This week, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May attempts to do their part for coral reef preservation in Barbados by creating an artificial reef using car bodyshells as a foundation. Their hearts are in the right place even if the attempt is riddled with inept crane driving and horrible boat steering.

There’s also a segment dedicated to the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, a beastly sedan powered by a Ferrari developed 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 engine with 503 HP on tap and 442 lb ft of peak torque. Chris Harris from Top Gear already had a chance to test drive the Giulia QV on track and now it’s Jeremy’s turn.

We can probably expect to see him try to hit the Giulia’s maximum speed of 190mph (305km/h) and maybe even go from 0-62mph (0-100km/h) in 3.9 seconds.

Of course, the episode will feature the ever entertaining antics of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May. The wait until the episode airs may feel like a long one, so here is week 9’s trailer to get us through these hard times.

·
Registered
39 Posts
great episode!

·
Vendor
619 Posts
I liked it also!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like how entertaining its getting which is great in attracting just about anyone and everyone but I fear they might start to lose touch with the whole automotive aspect of it and providing the sort of feedback and information we want on that end.

Anyone concerned about this?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I like how entertaining its getting which is great in attracting just about anyone and everyone but I fear they might start to lose touch with the whole automotive aspect of it and providing the sort of feedback and information we want on that end.

Anyone concerned about this?
I really hope that doesn't happen. They're very honest in opinion regardless as to whether or not they play it off as a joke and that's what I like

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really enjoyed Jeremy's review. Looking forward to testing driving one soon. Still no availability in my area.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
I think they did that about 2 seasons ago on the "old" Top Gear. It's still extremely entertaining but they don't really review cars in the traditional sense anymore - when they debut a new vehicle they make an excellently produced film that highlights certain areas of the vehicle while completely glossing over other areas. I love their production values and they are certainly innovative in the way they film cars and the special effects they use.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I really enjoyed Jeremy's review. Looking forward to testing driving one soon. Still no availability in my area.
Welcome! I am in the DMV area as well. It will be tough to get one again around here from what I hear but hopefully they will be in stock soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts