Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,758 Posts
So sad. I hope no one was injured or killed. And I wasn't aware tachs and speedos froze in place. My guess is that the car wasn't going that speed at impact.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
1 mile on the odometer? Wow that's a shame. i wonder if that's correct.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Isn't this the 3rd totaled Quad that's shown up on this forum? If I recall last winter there a red car with very low miles that was rolled into a ditch, possibly on the way home from the dealership, then another that was wrecked by a salesperson and dealership employee out for a (too) quick joyride.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Isn't this the 3rd totaled Quad that's shown up on this forum? If I recall last winter there a red car that with very low miles that was rolled into a ditch, possibly on the way home from the dealership, then another that was wrecked by a salesperson and dealership employee out for a (too) quick joyride.
And there was also one from the flooding in Huston.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Those snowflake things might be fasteners or spacers from the inside of the carbon hood. I think they ripped the thing open because the latches were jammed.

"Bugler, sound Taps." :(

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
1 mile on the odometer? Wow that's a shame. i wonder if that's correct.
Probably means they cannot verify. Says the keys are missing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The integrity of the passenger compartment is very impressive. Re: the speedo reading, the damage is consistent with a car bouncing off the highway guardrails at the indicated speed.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,904 Posts
I wonder how to acquire just the interior CF parts?
It looks like the hood might have been intact, at least before it was pried open.

Giulia does seem to be a tough beast, although relatively easily totaled due to the high cost of repair.

·
Registered
321 Posts
would like to get my hands on the whole car."great heart" for a kit car looks like the interior has a lot of useable parts. might have to look into this.

"Giulia. A car barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best QV. Giuila will be that car. Better than she was before. Better, stronger, faster."
-Oscar Goldman

https://youtu.be/sUOhh3rX6bo

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Shame to see these cars in this condition but they do seem to hold up very well, with little to no intrusion to the passenger compartment.

Reactions: lockem

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Shame to see these cars in this condition but they do seem to hold up very well, with little to no intrusion to the passenger compartment.
While good to see, occupants also need the structure and safety systems to play their roles to limit g-forces, etc.

Interesting how all the cars are missing their clover badges on the sides of the car.
Souvenir hunters.

i bought a carbon fiber steering wheel for my qv as it was not originally optioned on my car. picked it up for a song and it was in as new condition.
Did you re-use your QV's original driver airbag?

·
Registered
619 Posts
yes, I had gmp in charlotte do the install and there were no issues. charged me an hour labor to install. I like the carbon wheel and have the factory wheel packed away safe and sound in the event it is needed again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.