Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Carbon Fiber Sparco Racing Seats

Votes: 5 55.6%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Worth it to get the Carbon Fiber Sparco Seats?

I won't be racing the car, but will be using it more towards daily driving and occasional car events/shows

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Your in Texas, I think you can live with out the seat heaters haha. Im in DC where its currently below freezing! That being said I will probably go towards CF as I am racing the crap out of this vehicle :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Your in Texas, I think you can live with out the seat heaters haha. Im in DC where its currently below freezing! That being said I will probably go towards CF as I am racing the crap out of this vehicle :)
Well it's a nice feature to have, especially if they would have added it to the carbon fiber seats as well.

I just want to how the comfort level is of the standard seats as suppose the carbon fiber seats. The demo cars that I got to sit in both had carbon fiber seats, therefore I couldn't compare

So is it worth going for the Carbon Fiber seats?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Well it's a nice feature to have, especially if they would have added it to the carbon fiber seats as well.

I just want to how the comfort level is of the standard seats as suppose the carbon fiber seats. The demo cars that I got to sit in both had carbon fiber seats, so I couldn't compare how they are vs. the standard

So is it worth going for the Carbon Fiber seats?

From what I hear the normal seat is comfortable (very) and the carbon fiber seat is surprisingly comfortable for what it is. Normally seats like those are not comfortable. At the end of the day if you feel like its worth it go for it. Are you financing or leasing?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I hear the normal seat is comfortable (very) and the carbon fiber seat is surprisingly comfortable for what it is. Normally seats like those are not comfortable. At the end of the day if you feel like its worth it go for it. Are you financing or leasing?
Going to buy it cash

The carbon fiber seats did feel comfortable (I'm 5' 9" at 125lbs), but can be different story once you are drivng rather then just sitting in a demo pre-production model for a few mins

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Going to buy it cash

The carbon fiber seats did feel comfortable (I'm 5' 9" at 125lbs), but can be different story once you are drivng rather then just sitting in a demo pre-production model for a few mins
Also very True! Kudos to you on being a pioneer. I have no idea on what value of depreciation will be!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sparco CF Seats for me, I can't believe I am giving up heated seats (last 4 cars had them) living in Chicago but the seats are lightweight, gorgeous and fit the identity of the QV better than the standard seats in my opinion. Initial reviews report they are comfortable even on long trips but only long-term tests will tell. I track/auto-x 5-10 days a year and proper seats make a huge difference on the track and spirited driving.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking at pics of the standard seats, it seems that the bolsters are much bigger making the seat more narrow and a tight fit

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looking at pics of the standard seats, it seems that the bolsters are much bigger making the seat more narrow and a tight fit
I don't think you can go wrong with either seat. The sparco's do look amazing and seem to give a little bit more rear seat space. The QV I sold last week had the normal seat and I drove it Monday and had no complaints. I keep the power bolsters in my car pretty snug so it felt more like what I am used to. Guys who don't track cars buy carbon ceramics on porsches for resale/trade in. I think I'd opt for the sparco's. But don't get me wrong if someone pitched me the keys to a pink QV with the normal seats and a hello kitty license plate frame I'd take it because it's that much fun behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I am a pretty big dude and I thought the seats provided excellent support and comfort. I did not feel it was narrow or a tight fit. I think its a super comfy seat perfect for long road trips (which Is what I hope to do in this car).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got to sit in the QV yesterday. It had the standard seats. I thought that they were pretty comfortable. Again, this was only over a 5 minute period so extended seat time (and actual driving time) needed before making a definitive decision. I'm 6'2" about 220lbs. Driving position was excellent. Steering wheel was awesome (had the alcantara option).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am a pretty big dude and I thought the seats provided excellent support and comfort. I did not feel it was narrow or a tight fit. I think its a super comfy seat perfect for long road trips (which Is what I hope to do in this car).
Yeah, I plan to do the same. I had more seat time in the standard seat but sucks that no dealership in the area has received a Quadrifoglio with the Sparco Carbon Seats for me to have a seat in again and to directly compare.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah, I plan to do the same. I had more seat time in the standard seat but sucks that no dealership in the area has received a Quadrifoglio with the Sparco Carbon Seats for me to have a seat in again and to directly compare.
Sent you an email regarding a car I can get a hold of that has the Sparco's.

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
I've been in both, the CF Sparco seats are actually very comfortable compared to almost any other racing seat I've been in. Some track seats feel like your hips were are a vice - these are nothing like that and seem to have enough room to move around so I think they would be OK for long haul driving.

The only thing I didn't like about the CF seats was they didn't seem to have enough thigh support, while the standard sport seats have an extendable thigh bolster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts