Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
This changes between a quirk, or a "feature", depending on circumstance: the trunk (boot) gets very warm after spirited driving, or long highway cruises even when set on 'Advanced Efficiency' mode. Happens at night too, so not a byproduct of sunlight exposure.

Some journalists have attributed this to the massive exhausts, or its differential? This is new for me since upgrading to the Quad, as I didn't experience this in 2 years of Ti (non Q2) leasing.

Classifying this quirk as a 'feature' for those times when we need to keep a pizza or other hot foods warm when we're racing away to our destinations.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This changes between a quirk, or a "feature", depending on circumstance: the trunk (boot) gets very warm after spirited driving, or long highway cruises even when set on 'Advanced Efficiency' mode. Happens at night too, so not a byproduct of sunlight exposure.

Some journalists have attributed this to the massive exhausts, or its differential? This is new for me since upgrading to the Quad, as I didn't experience this in 2 years of Ti (non Q2) leasing.

Classifying this quirk as a 'feature' for those times when we need to keep a pizza or other hot foods warm when we're racing away to our destinations.

I agree...the trunk is always warm. And in DC summer heat, I think twice about what I choose to store there.

View attachment 89395

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Even on my Ti Sport, the trunk/boot gets warm after spirited driving. It's the muffler sitting right behind the bumper cover and first foot or so of the trunk/boot. there's insulation of sorts, and good thing or it would be causing heat damage to the trunk/boot materials.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I occasionally get an "Attempted Break-in" security warning on the instrument panel. This is either a) a defect, b) something I'm doing, or c) perhaps someone tugged on the door handle whilst the car was parked.
I know this is an old post, but some of the 2017 Quadrifoglios had an issue with the dome light. Mine was changed by the dealer under warranty and the alarm stopped going off when it shouldn't.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Even on my Ti Sport, the trunk/boot gets warm after spirited driving. It's the muffler sitting right behind the bumper cover and first foot or so of the trunk/boot. there's insulation of sorts, and good thing or it would be causing heat damage to the trunk/boot materials.
It's how I keep my rotisserie chicken warm when heading home.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The shifter has an odd seam between the front and rear half that actually has a very rough edge. It is actually sharp. When I took it to the dealer for service I brought it up and they said they couldn't correct it. Sure enough, I felt two in the showroom and they had the same rough seam. Anyone else notice this? Any cures?

·
Registered
24 Posts
No touch screen on carplay.

Every car has a touch screen for carplay I thought. Cheap cars have touch screens for carplay.
I find the rotary controller much less distracting for all purposes including CarPlay. I have touch in my Flex and I just don't mess with it or I'm going to kill someone.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
The shifter has an odd seam between the front and rear half that actually has a very rough edge. It is actually sharp. When I took it to the dealer for service I brought it up and they said they couldn't correct it. Sure enough, I felt two in the showroom and they had the same rough seam. Anyone else notice this? Any cures?
The sharp edge is a mold seam from the production process.

Pull the soft surround out and use some sandpaper or similar to grind it down. That is what I did.
Alternatively buy the Mopar CF replacement part. Be warned, many people have failed to be able to install that part.

New for either MY2019 or MY2020 the shifter is redesigned to eliminate said sharp edge. The sand it smooth method is too much hand work for a production line so the design had to change to fix this.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi all, just purchased 19 QV and took her out for an extended drive this past weekend. Incredible is only word that adequately describes the experience. Anyway with respect to quirks, think my girl is paranoid I’m going to run her into other cars. Often got collision warnings to hit the brakes when a car was turning in front of me and I was already slowing down. Really put a smile on my face. Stroked her dash and reassured her all was ok. Lol

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Hi all, just purchased 19 QV and took her out for an extended drive this past weekend. Incredible is only word that adequately describes the experience. Anyway with respect to quirks, think my girl is paranoid I’m going to run her into other cars. Often got collision warnings to hit the brakes when a car was turning in front of me and I was already slowing down. Really put a smile on my face. Stroked her dash and reassured her all was ok. Lol
You can fix that quirk by switching to race mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 19 QV has a rattle coming from where the instrument cluster meets the leather dash. It is not constants of course it didn't do it at the dealers. Anyone else have this problem? Don't want to put cardboard in the dash of an 80k auto. Otherwise I love it

·
Registered
485 Posts
My 19 QV has a rattle coming from where the instrument cluster meets the leather dash. It is not constants of course it didn't do it at the dealers. Anyone else have this problem? Don't want to put cardboard in the dash of an 80k auto. Otherwise I love it
I’ve had this exact issue since my drive home from the dealer. It comes and goes, but for the most part firmer modes and rough pavement seem to incite it.

I haven’t done it yet, but I’ve thought about maybe inserting a small pencil eraser where the dash meets the cluster. I think for the most part it would be out of site and would solve the problem.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
268 Posts
Often got collision warnings to hit the brakes when a car was turning in front of me and I was already slowing down.
This drives me bananas. If I'm already on the brakes slowing down, I don't need the car blasting warnings that something is ahead. I'm on the brakes, I KNOW!! This is the same flawed logic as the parking sensors beeping at me when the car IS IN PARK!!! Jeez.....

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
This drives me bananas. If I'm already on the brakes slowing down, I don't need the car blasting warnings that something is ahead. I'm on the brakes, I KNOW!! This is the same flawed logic as the parking sensors beeping at me when the car IS IN PARK!!! Jeez.....
Sounds like you need some updates!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
268 Posts
Sounds like you need some updates!
Maybe, I recently got the update that shuts off the parking sensors while in park. I love that I can start the car in the garage without the sensors blaring at me. I still get the brake warnings, though...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Maybe, I recently got the update that shuts off the parking sensors while in park. I love that I can start the car in the garage without the sensors blaring at me. I still get the brake warnings, though...
Did you set the sensitivity as "near" (as opposed as "far")?

101 - 120 of 122 Posts