Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Giulia Quadrifoglio quirks; anyone else?

Hello everyone, after putting on 1200 miles on the Giulia Q in the last few weeks we've had a few quirks. Nothing major but they're still an issue.

1. A service CEl pops up upon a remote cold start. This only occurs during a remote start.
  2. The interior hood release has somehow become detacted and needs to be warrintied. This occured while the car was getting wrapped and detailed; not their fault.
  3. During the window tinting process the interior lights were left on due to the doors being left ajar. The battery was drained slightly and needed to be jump started. Afterwards the dashboard became a Christmas tree. There was a general CEL along with a plethora of other lights. After 30 or so minutes of driving these issues resolved themselves after 30 +/- minutes of driving.
All of these quirks haven't been been too big but I'm curious if anyone has had these happen yet. Feel free to leave your .2¢ :smile2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't put any blame on the shop for the battery and hood release issue. Infact they're said to one of the best in the Chicago metropolitan area. That aside the Quad has exotic routes and having the battery drain quickly is common within the exotic world as far as I know. The CEL could be because the battery was still low, which would make sense because after driving and letting the battery get up to its "normal state" the CEL went away and the car went back to its normal self

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
No issues, quirks or otherwise with the exception of the headlight washer cap flying off the car LOL
Myself and Kanundrum had the same experience I believe just on opposite sides of the car...

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Interior Hood release is one of my biggest gripes about the car, most people will seldom use it but for someone who is constantly digging around in there, it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Here is another quirk: This article says that the buttons on the steering wheel are not illuminated at night. The car that I currently drive has non-illuminated buttons for the cruise control, and I'm always a little but unsure about which button to press at night. And that is only four buttons! The steering wheel on the Giulia has a lot more controls on it! Here is a link to the article:

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson-review-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-verde/

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'd call only having 6 radio presets quite a quirk in this day and age. 6!!

Another not so slight quirk is the horrible sun glare on the gauges and infotainment screen. Turns out that not having a sunroof is not solely because the CF roof! Lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is another quirk: This article says that the buttons on the steering wheel are not illuminated at night. The car that I currently drive has non-illuminated buttons for the cruise control, and I'm always a little but unsure about which button to press at night. And that is only four buttons! The steering wheel on the Giulia has a lot more controls on it! Here is a link to the article:

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson-review-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-verde/
I feel like there must be some random setting or dial for the illumination. For a while my steering wheel controls were dark at night, but now they're nice and bright. Strange, strange , strange haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, that really does seem like an oversight. I had known there was only 6, but I was hoping you could create additional groups (that would each have 6 presets). But I suppose not.
I'd call only having 6 radio presets quite a quirk in this day and age. 6!!

Another not so slight quirk is the horrible sun glare on the gauges and infotainment screen. Turns out that not having a sunroof is not solely because the CF roof! Lol
A place where BMWs (and maybe Audis, I wouldn't know) beat out Alfa is definitely the programmable button area. The Alfa is less intuitive to program and has fewer programmable buttons.

**Another quirk relates to switching SiriusXM radio stations. If I go to Lithium for example and select it thats fine and dandy. BUT if I want to go to a different station, say BBC, I have to start from the bottom of the list. Not from Lithium where I currently. When driving having to fiddle with the controller more than I need to is annoying, but I'll have to man up one of these days and start memorizing the station #s (different from BMWs number scheme).

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
I have found a couple of links indicating that the turn signals have a quirky operation in the Giulia. Here is a link to an article:

http://nseavoice.com/cars/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-turn-signals-worse-than-bmw-920020904.html

And this video also shows the quirky action at about the 3:30 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaTn3gaCQYk

I have a QV on order, so I guess I'll just have to get used to how the turn signals work!
Ask Doug Demuro how many times he sits in a parking lot and turns on his turn signals?

In any car, once the wheel is turned, the turn signal is automatically cancelled.

Otherwise, why play with it?!

Quirk solved.

·
Registered
149 Posts
In EU cars there is no issue with the indicator.
When just nudging it is flashing 5 times and the stops. When you fully pull the lever than you can nudge (not fully push) it in the opposite direction to stop it (or turn the wheel)

·
Registered
576 Posts
When I pulled The latch to open the glove box it got stuck in the open position but did not open the glove box
Could you have spoken up about these annoying little things last week before I forked over the cash for my car? Lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Took mine in for window tint today and now I get the alert " sound system unavailable " took to Alfa and they said they had the same issue on another one and trying to work out the issue. Told me to call the next week.…

·
Registered
576 Posts
I may be going to the BMW dealer to trade it for an M3 :surprise:
Okay, now you're just trying to hurt me! :laugh:

Objectively, the Alfa is going to be a lot of pain for awhile. Hopefully, it all gets sorted out before it reachs Ghibli status.

With that said, so far, I still prefer my modded M3. Feels much quicker around town and more nimble. Like the independent adjustability of the Steering, Shocks, Transmission, and Throttle response. In addition to the Turner Motorsports Tuning Module, I had installed a SprintBooster to further eliminate delayed throttle response. Praying SprintBooster makes one for the Alfa as well. That would make it feel much, much snappier around town. Ever install one on one of your many cars? Great bang for the buck!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts