Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Is there anyone who knows the paint code of the dark tecnico wheels of the Giulia Quadrifoglio, see attached photo? Would be very happy if someone could help since I was not able to figure it out, nor could the customer service tell me.

Mo
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
9 Posts
One of the great Alfa Romeo mysteries. I too have been looking for a Tecnico touchup match. Switching rims/tires tomorrow for the warmer months.:cool:
I see Tributo that you're flagged Germany, you may be our best hope and could contact Fuchsfelge direct since it's my understanding they are the actual manufacturer.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
9 Posts
Icarus33, that's a good idea indeed. Didn't think about it myself. I will do so and let you know.
Good luck. I figured your German language is way better than mine and someone inside Fuchsfelge just might be able to answer or refer to someone deep within Alfa. Keep us up to date on any progress.

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY18
200 Posts
Thanks. But this is the paint code of the 5 hole wheels. They are s bit lighter.
No it is not. Classico wheels have unique color finish applied in specific fashion, that has no color code.
I bought bright Tecnicos and painted them to VV604/Z Grigio Miron, and they are now noticably darker than Classico I have as well and completely match dark OEM Tecnicos.
I will paint Classicos to VV604/Z Grigio Miron pretty soon, as I prefer it much more to the Vesuvio Grey exterior color. With OEM painted Classicos there is just no contrast between the wheels and the rest of the my car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that hint lizard. I was really convinced that the Code which you quoted refers to to Classico wheels. I have indeed a touch-up pen in that color, but was so convinced it wouldn't fit to the tecnicos that I didn't even try before. However, I just tried it out quickly. Will have to have a closer look at light. But at first sight, it seemed to me as if you are right. Will keep you up to date.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, just received an answer from Fuchsfelge. They indeed do have a code for the paint. But unfortunately they told me they wouldn't hand it out, since it is for internal use only. I gotta say, I really have no understanding for this. Yet, it can now be said that saying that there is no code for the paint is not right.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
9 Posts
Well, Tributo it was a quick turnaround for an answer from Fuchsfelge even if it was of no benefit to us. So, according to Lizard the paint code is EXACTLY the same for the dark Tecnicos as the Dark 5 Hole with VV604/Z Grigio Miron? Looks like I'll be giving it a try myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I understand lizard, he's saying that the concerning code is only the Tecnico's paint code and the color of the Classicos is actually lighter than that VV604/Z.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
9 Posts
As far as I understand lizard, he's saying that the concerning code is only the Tecnico's paint code and the color of the Classicos is actually lighter than that VV604/Z.
OK, I'm with you now after reading that reply a couple more times. Guess I'll get both then to have on hand. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts