Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Tried it out this weekend, if anyone has seen The Grand Tour, it is exactly that. Locks front brakes, keeps rears 100% open and you are just spinning tires in a Launch Mode. Its FREAKING amazing lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK then how do you activated it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tried it out this weekend, if anyone has seen The Grand Tour, it is exactly that. Locks front brakes, keeps rears 100% open and you are just spinning tires in a Launch Mode. Its FREAKING amazing lol.
I'm not sure about this, my car has an option called launch, but according to the salesperson and the master tech at the dealership whom I asked: Giulia's do not have launch control

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm not sure about this, my car has an option called launch, but according to the salesperson and the master tech at the dealership whom I asked: Giulia's do not have launch control
How is it activated? The only thing I can find is that the car needs to be in race. Unfortunately I haven't had enough seat time (especially in race) to mess with it.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
LOL....is this the first Alfa Romeo with a "Line Lock" Option? Sounds like fun. Will have to try it once I have tires picked out for the car.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
LOL....is this the first Alfa Romeo with a "Line Lock" Option? Sounds like fun. Will have to try it once I have tires picked out for the car.
Yes Line Lock! I forgot the name until you mentioned. I consider it a semi launch control more like a Doing Burnout Mode. Good enough for me. The only thing Launch control would add is Rev Limiting which you can do with your right foot.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
The line lock option is built into the HellCat I believe and this utilizes a similar transmission so it may be a left over TCM function. I will take it... :)

Reactions: kanundrum
1 - 11 of 11 Posts