Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this in both the Giulia Quadrifoglio Form and the 4C Forum so be aware of the repetition.

My first new car was a red 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000. Immediately I installed Koni shocks and Cromodora 5 spoke wheels and then drove it for 110,000 miles during the next 8+ years. I moved to a warmer climate and sold it as I needed a car with air conditioning.

With Alfa Romeo coming back to the US I got interested in the brand again. I took a short test drive more than a year ago, but being tall it was pretty cramped and I did not like the basically fixed seat position. I also bid on a couple of 1974 GTV 2000s on Ebay, but never met the reserve.

A few months ago I test drove a Giulia and a Giulia Quadrifoglio. Although I enjoyed the Giulia I loved the Quadrifoglio, and took delivery of Rosso Competizione Quadrifoglio around the first of July.

After spending a lot of time on the Giulia and 4C Forums I gained a much better understanding of the 4C and went for another test drive. I really enjoyed the 4C and although I am 6’ 2”+ and 70 years old I did not find it difficult to get in and out of. Last week I made an offer on a new 4C and have a used one on hold to go look at. All of a sudden I can’t seem to control myself when it comes to the Alfas.

I have been driving an X5 for the last 6 years (need room in the back seat for work), and have had two garage spaces empty until this summer.

So buying the Quadrifoglio is starting to cost me more money. I am going to try to be patient regarding the 4C though. Not too patient as I am making offers.

At least I am having a lot of fun for my money.

Jeff

·
Registered
646 Posts
Interesting! My first Alfa was a 1974 GTV 2000. I also immediately installed Koni shocks and bought 5 spoke Chromodoras too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
4c was a great experience for 7,000 miles until sold. too difficult learning the "alfa tuck" to enter and exit. bought full msrp launch edition and too low of a sold price. no market.. best advise buy slightly used under 10,000 miles

·
Registered
527 Posts
You can't take the money with you, might as well splurge with it! Sounds like you have the best kind of problem :D

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
If my Quad lasts as long as my Miata, I will be 68 when I retire it. :D

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Cool, I like Rosso Comp because it looks like the older deep Alfa Red without being too dark. And as a metallic it flops like crazy and shows the lines.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
(Myself) I may work that long just to pay it off! :D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Where are the pics?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
26 days!? Augh! :crying:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I get you, I had the same problem. I had so many expenses that I needed a side hustle. It was hard at first to decide what to do, but I found out that you can create apps for phone, PC doesn't matter and make money from that, so easy. So last year I created apps that makes money , and that's unbelievable, for sure. It's just a hustle business that brings you some extra money, If you want, you can make it as your main income, you decide.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts