Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
I feel like a kid staring at a jar of cookies on the counter that's just out of reach. Can't wait to get behind the wheel of one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Definitely something that can sit next to the classic Alfa's with people proud enough to accept it as part of the brand since not always that happens if you look at other brands and how new product correlate to what the brand was about.

How did your opinion, feelings, etc. change about it after seeing it in person?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Holy ****, all those carbon bits are gorgeous. Especially the seats. But I never realized how aggressive that rear bumper is, especially around the exhaust tips.

Would you be grabbing a Quadri ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely something that can sit next to the classic Alfa's with people proud enough to accept it as part of the brand since not always that happens if you look at other brands and how new product correlate to what the brand was about.

How did your opinion, feelings, etc. change about it after seeing it in person?
When this car showed up to the show, everyone.. and I mean everyone, went straight to it. This car (IMO) has been accepted, and more within the Alfa community - old and new.

This was the first time seeing the car in person since Nov. '15 at the LA Auto Show, and I'm glad I was able to, because the wait was killing me. The whole package of the car in and of itself was perfectly picked, with the carbon fiber parts / leather / trim, etc. The auto / paddle shifters was another great item to see in the flesh as well.

Holy ****, all those carbon bits are gorgeous. Especially the seats. But I never realized how aggressive that rear bumper is, especially around the exhaust tips.

Would you be grabbing a Quadri ?
Yes, and hopefully sooner than later, but I have reserves as I will not purchase until the initial delivery car kinks are found (if any) and worked out.

Also, I'm still awaiting to hear about any information regarding an Alfa Romeo personalization program as I'd love to have a tan interior as featured on lower level trimmed Giulias.

·
Registered
418 Posts
When this car showed up to the show, everyone.. and I mean everyone, went straight to it. This car (IMO) has been accepted, and more within the Alfa community - old and new.

This was the first time seeing the car in person since Nov. '15 at the LA Auto Show, and I'm glad I was able to, because the wait was killing me. The whole package of the car in and of itself was perfectly picked, with the carbon fiber parts / leather / trim, etc. The auto / paddle shifters was another great item to see in the flesh as well.

Yes, and hopefully sooner than later, but I have reserves as I will not purchase until the initial delivery car kinks are found (if any) and worked out.

Also, I'm still awaiting to hear about any information regarding an Alfa Romeo personalization program as I'd love to have a tan interior as featured on lower level trimmed Giulias.
One of my 4C customers who is slated to get our first or second car also wants to order one. He's huge on Euro delivery and I keep prodding corporate about it because I agree that it should be at least in the works. That's on the same general topic as personalization programs so if I find something out I'll let you know.

·
Registered
242 Posts
One of my 4C customers who is slated to get our first or second car also wants to order one. He's huge on Euro delivery and I keep prodding corporate about it because I agree that it should be at least in the works. That's on the same general topic as personalization programs so if I find something out I'll let you know.
I would be interested to hear the options on Euro delivery. I've done that on my two most recent cars (3-series BMW).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, would love to know when possible.

The only Alfa dealership that I'm aware of in my area of LA (Auto Gallery) has no information anytime I reach out to them..

Also, has anyone ever noticed that lower trim Giulias (non QV) have rear center arm rests and the QV doesn't.. what's up with that?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Also, has anyone ever noticed that lower trim Giulias (non QV) have rear center arm rests and the QV doesn't.. what's up with that?

I'm sure it has to do with weight savings. Regular Giulia has split folding rear seats w/armrests for convenience as is norm in the class.
QV gives these up for lighter, fixed rear seats.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm sure it has to do with weight savings. Regular Giulia has split folding rear seats w/armrests for convenience as is norm in the class.
QV gives these up for lighter, fixed rear seats.

Oh man thats a bummer, how ever I doubt Id be hauling anything from home depot that needs the rear seats open. :grin2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ive noticed on most QV's that only the inside exhaust pipes seem to have carbon build up. It is painfully obvious on this one.

How is the exhaust routed on these cars? Are the outside tips just a y-pipe that comes off the main exhaust just before exit, or do both pipes run into the muffler? From the videos, even on cold start ups only condensation comes from the inside pipes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ive noticed on most QV's that only the inside exhaust pipes seem to have carbon build up. It is painfully obvious on this one.

How is the exhaust routed on these cars? Are the outside tips just a y-pipe that comes off the main exhaust just before exit, or do both pipes run into the muffler? From the videos, even on cold start ups only condensation comes from the inside pipes.
Just like my Audi S3, there is an exhaust valve. In the standard setting, the exhaust valve is closed and only one exhaust pipe is open on each side and runs quieter. When in sport mode, the exhaust valve opens providing a sportier tone with all 4 exhaust pipes open.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would be interested to hear the options on Euro delivery. I've done that on my two most recent cars (3-series BMW).
I'll get it going one way or another. I'm persistent to a fault when I have an idea I like. I bugged my previous GM for 11 months to cancel a particular lead source and replace it with Cargurus lol.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Long time looker - first time poster. Finally got the pics attached to the thread..

I took these (cell phone) pics yesterday at the Best of Italy and France car show in Van Nuys, CA.

Can't wait to order mine..

I just found this thread.

Welcome to the forum :)

I saw in another thread that you've recently purchased a grey Quad, congrats :grin2:

I was surprised and excited when the two Giulias rolled into the show. In the picture you posted (top right corner) is my red 4C next to my father's white w/blue GTV race car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just found this thread.

Welcome to the forum :)

I saw in another thread that you've recently purchased a grey Quad, congrats :grin2:

I was surprised and excited when the two Giulias rolled into the show. In the picture you posted (top right corner) is my red 4C next to my father's white w/blue GTV race car.
Ordered mine 2 months later (from my original posting date) January 14 and it arrived on May 25.

Excruciating wait time, but so worth it!

The show was a great turn out, can't wait till this years too. We had a vendor tent set up selling our Alfa Romeo headers & intake systems at the show.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Ordered mine 2 months later (from my original posting date) January 14 and it arrived on May 25.

Excruciating wait time, but so worth it!

The show was a great turn out, can't wait till this years too. We had a vendor tent set up selling our Alfa Romeo headers & intake systems at the show.
Nice! We ordered our Ti Q2 on January 29 and it arrived May 23.

I may have stopped by your booth. I walked around looking, but didn't buy anything. My father had a booth on the north end unloading a lot of his left over parts. I was suprised at how much he sold. Now that he's done with his 101 and 105 projects, he has no use for the extra parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts