Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am new here. I bought my first Alfa, used Giulia QV. I did compression test yesterday and the pressure is only about 8.0-8.2 bar per cylinder. Is it normal? My previous cars had about 12 or 13 per cylinder.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Seems low, but there are a lot of factors. Were the throttle plates open? Since it is drive by wire, that may need some extra step to accomplish.

The listed compression ratio is 9.3:1, you will need to convert this to pressure.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Update; That may be normal. Here is what the FSM says:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Depends on what your last car was. Compression is pretty low in this thing for a modern car, most everything else around since the mid 2000s has been 10+, 12+ on a lot of direct injection engines.

Why are you doing a compression test in the first place?

·
Registered
894 Posts
boosted engines, supercharged or turbo'ed, usually have significantly less static compression than naturally aspirated engines. In the old days, before computers and injection systems, it was hard to run any higher than about 10:1 unless on race gas.

NV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello guys,

thank you for your response and sorry for my late response. We did the test with and without throttle. The results were the same. I have been driving the car the past three days and everything looks normal. I bought the car after hydrolock.

Thanks a lot. The car is amazing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts