Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ordering one tomorrow morning and trying to decide which color to order.
I thought I was sold on Misano blue, but my spreadsheet tells me white might be the best option for my criteria :)
Opinions?

·
Registered
334 Posts
This is a tough one, I've got Vesuvio Grey and really like it, but the white one is also very good looking. The Reds are both attractive when you see them on the car, I think Silver is the only one I'm not crazy about ....

·
Registered
692 Posts
Go Vesuvio!
To me the Misano is a bit “loud” also.
And white is a bit too conservative.
But it all comes down to personal preference. As others have said, there’s no bad color.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've looked at a lot of photos of Giulia Quadrifoglio in the past few days. Most of them obviously are red.
At this time I really find the Misano to be most eye catching but I am concerned if it will have the "timeless" quality (probably it will not).
Not the easiest choice ...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think color is more of a visceral choice. Does it speak to you? Do you love how your car looks in the color?

Who cares about a survey?

Pick what you want because you want it.

Quite right.
I think then I'd have to either to go with the Misano, the Competezione or the Vulcano.
Those are the colors that evoke emotion.

Gray and white are more understated & elegant.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Two things to note. White comes in Alfa White and Trofeo right? Go with Trofeo if you can. The pearl is gorgeous. Same with Comp over Alfa Rosso. Alfa is solid like Ferrari Rosso Corsa, but Comp is a pearl too and flops like crazy. It is the most like the historical Alfa racing red, though like Ferrari which grew out of it, it did change over time. The darker comp is the historic choice. That is also a big deal for me. The national racing colors. Italian Red, British Green, German Silver, French Blue and so on... The whites and black look awesoem with the red interiors colors. Quad only come with black and an insert and stitching option. Black, red, or ice.

Reactions: jamgolf

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two things to note. White comes in Alfa White and Trofeo right? Go with Trofeo if you can. The pearl is gorgeous. Same with Comp over Alfa Rosso. Alfa is solid like Ferrari Rosso Corsa, but Comp is a pearl too and flops like crazy. It is the most like the historical Alfa racing red, though like Ferrari which grew out of it, it did change over time. The darker comp is the historic choice. That is also a big deal for me. The national racing colors. Italian Red, British Green, German Silver, French Blue and so on... The whites and black look awesoem with the red interiors colors. Quad only come with black and an insert and stitching option. Black, red, or ice.
Right. Trofeo and Competezione are tri coat metallic and have the sparkling quality. Quite nice.
Black looks pretty sharp too, but I know its a difficult color to keep clean.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,727 Posts
Ordering one tomorrow morning and trying to decide which color to order.
I thought I was sold on Misano blue, but my spreadsheet tells me white might be the best option for my criteria :)
Opinions?
I ordered my Q4 in Bianco Trofeo. This color works better on the exterior of the QV because of the nice black highlights on the QV (I plan to add a few black highlights to my car: mirror covers, sills, rear lettering, and front grill, maybe a trunk lid spoiler). It is seen much more frequently on QVs than 2 liter models. However, it works well with the red seats that are available in the Q4, but I think not available for QV. The red seats partially make up for the "all Alfa's are red" issue without needing a cop-bait color on the exterior.

If you can tolerate the heat in the sun, what looks startlingly good is a black roof with white body. 2 liter models get this with the optional sun roof, it would have to be done after market on a QV. I am surprised that AR does not offer black roof and/or flat black or carbon weave hood as options on QV; racers sometimes use such a paint job to reduce solar glare off of the hood.

I find the Alfa White to be harsh looking and would not choose that color for any car unless the intent was to use it as a canvas for custom graphics. I'm not much into graphics, although a few pictures have been posted of Giulias that look pretty good.

As others have advised, I don't think a spreadsheet is the right way to choose the color. Go with your gut feel and choose what makes you smile.

For me the close second runners up were Competition Red (because all Alfas are red; brown interior) and the light gray (not available with sport package, so only theoretical anyway). Trofeo won out mostly because I was afraid of the red fading over time; a fear that may or may not be founded. Also, the red interior is subtly pleasing and not anywhere near as harsh as it sounds. If the red paint did fade I would be swearing at the car every time I looked at it...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had never owned a white car until my Trofeo QV and I must say, I love it, and it’s sooo much easier to keep looking like new than black or any of the darker colors. I had mine ceramic coated and in 20 minutes I pressure wash and air dry to make it look like new again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm leaning toward Competezione or Trofeo now.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Not sure if I agree with lockem...most Quads I've seen in white are Trofeo....as for white on any Giulia, they look great...only issue with white is the ghosting (looks like a smudge line) that happens after the car is washed from moisture creeping down body panels from areas that harbor moisture (window trim, side view mirror housing, door jams)...I think it's tough to make this car ugly....certain exterior color choices limit interior choices....White can give you ice white or red door inserts and bottom half of dash (which looks great) ....Not sure if available with Comp Red ( wasn't when I ordered mine)....so that could be a factor....D

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
I believe it is Alfa Rosso.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Need to see it in person....very simple...metallic vs. non metallic is the most basic difference...

·
Registered
473 Posts
It's really hard to tell the two reds apart in pictures on the internet. I have seen both reds in person (my car is Alfa Red), and they are very different once you see them with your own eyes. I took a chance on Alfa red, and I am so happy that I did. Many people really like the Competizone Red, but for me personally I just don't like it. The main thing that I don't like is gold hue that is present with the Competizone Red. The Alfa Red is stunning when it is clean, and just looks nice when it not perfectly clean. Although money was not the driving factor for my choice, it is nice that I saved $2,200 by not getting the Competizone Red.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So Jamgolf.......what is your final answer?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ugh I had such a hard time choosing a color for mine. I went back and forth a hundred time between like 5 colors. I settled on Vulcano black and I don't regret it at all. Looks menacing, glitters in the sunlight, and it doesn't show dirt as much as normal blacks because of the metallic. It actually hides dirt quite well for a black color. BUT the vents and carbon fiber bits don't pop as well as they do with other colors. You definitely need to try to see as many colors as possible in person though. I wasn't even considering the Vulcano until I saw one on the lot in the sunlight. I still haven't seen a Competizione red in person, ignorance is bliss. Bottom line is... When you're behind the wheel, the color of the exterior will be the last thing on your mind.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts