Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Recently went to a private viewing of the Giulia after showing an interest at my dealership, it was advised that production for UK cars start in 2 weeks, with first deliveries October.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10157370165350405.1073741826.526410404&type=1&l=ab6d284faf

We talked about a number of things about the car, there is also a dynamic day where you can take the car out at Milbrook circuit if seriously interest in buying this year, i opted out of that for now.

If you have any questions, let me know, and i can answer any.

Cheers

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not looking for any specific answer to any question, but I would be curious to know what your general impressions are. (you don't have to go into great detail)
I'm sure seeing and being around the Giulia are going to be quite different from any photo or video.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The feels smaller when sat in side. THe fit and finish is very very good, the fans were simply a design feature. The car overall is very well specked, with only a few options to add on from the standard equipped model.

I can not explain how good this thing sounds in and out of the cabin, the video simply do not do it justice, you literally jump from your skin in race model when applying revs. The doors and interior space is very good.

A 6'3 male in the drivers seats with me in the back sat very very comfortable, im very impressed with the amount of rear room this car has, and the boot can easily accommodate 2 large suitcases+.

The stance is very nice, it would do with being a little lower for my preference, but thats where aftermarket parts will come in.

Everything feels solid, tight fit and finish, and a lot more comfortable and sold to sit in than the M3 that was next to it. These two cars are very different.

There is a lovely shake / wobble from the car when applying revs stationary, something ive only experienced on a V8.

The screen was fluid and very responsive, not clunky to use or was slow to transition from one menu to another.

Drivers position is very good, good view of the outside from the cabin, the rear end although looks large, does not get in the way in your rear view mirrors.

I tried to look and feel just about every part of the car, all i can say is from not being too sure about it in person, i literally fell in love with this car.

I've never driven or owned an alfa, nor owed a bmw (only driver a coupe very briefly), so i have gone in unbiased, and all i can say is i cant wait for this to land in the UK, it will be a very special car.

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the excellent summary of your impressions...I got more out of what you wrote than most reviews I've read.
Looks like you won't have long to wait for the Giulia to land in the UK . Do you plan on a purchase?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regarding purchasing, I'm looking at easily another couple of years, recently married, and want to first get a house under my belt, I'm afraid this will have to wait, though if some really good leasing / HP deals come up, I may snap it up.

Not a bad angle anywhere on this car. I spent a lot of time just circling it :).

Also, you gain ever so slightly some rear leg room with the optional carbon seats, personally, id take the standard seats, they feel just as confident to sit in as the optional seats (not much difference in feeling when sat in both sets of seats), and TBH, i think its more for looks than ride comfort.

The weight is also about 1.5 tones WITH fluids.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congrats on your recent marriage! ... Hope you will be very happy! :smile2:
I've been hooked up for about 5 years now and only now getting around to starting a family.

Thanks for the insight on the Sparko seats. I was seriously thinking about those. Looks like i can save a little cash now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This was a very nice review, it's so much better hearing this from you than just another journalist that has no idea nor cares about what hes talking about. Glad to hear the standard seats feel real nice as well, and it seems there's quite the amount of space in the cockpit.

Anything you didn't like ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its hard to say what I didnt like, I guess the rest of it comes from actually driving it. Its a very free reving engine. I not a fan on how it looks form the front, again, its preference, i love the side profile, as well as the rear, the front just seem not as muscular as the rest of the car, but, in time, that will grow with the owner, like most things, maybe your not sure, or uncertain, but over time, you will grow to enjoy and love it.

I would probably say the interior buttons let the 'feel' of it down, its no audi inside, you can tell the materials used and the way it feels on the hand is not premium, im talk about the window controls, mirror control, and steering wheel buttons for cruise etc. But, if thats all I have to say bad about it, its very good :)

The cabin is very simple, its a car you just get in and drive. Not messing about with too may settings or buttons, just the way I like it.

Also forgot to mention the LED on the door handles are a really nice touch, something BMW owners are very familiar with.

Colours, red is very nice, the Alfa rep advised the grey / silver colour looks very very nice.

Me personally, id probably go for Tri Coat white on yellow calipers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.