Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently was in the market to purchase a new Giulia,was astonished to see my local dealer was charging a 2000.00 extra markup in the form of a "market adjustment" when I inquired they replied its a hot model. even though they had eleven on the lot. I told them thanks but no thanks drove to a dealer 60 miles away paid below MSRP for one with 1600 miles. I recall dealers using the old sticker plus thing years ago but haven't seen it in 20 some years. Anyone else here run into this on Giulias? Oh and bTW they were charging the same extra 2000.00 on Stelviios too!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
there is no shortage of Alfas on the lots, there is a shortage of buyers at this point.
some of these dealers don't quite get the concept that the car is being reintroduced here, does not have a large loyal following, and has not developed a positive reputation by selling reliable and quality cars in the US during this century.

yeah, walk out and go to someone who actually wants to sell cars.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
While dealers seem resolutely disinterested in swapping cars, Alfa also seems to have missed the US market's sweet spot with what they built and shipped.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Recently was in the market to purchase a new Giulia,was astonished to see my local dealer was charging a 2000.00 extra markup in the form of a "market adjustment" when I inquired they replied its a hot model. even though they had eleven on the lot. I told them thanks but no thanks drove to a dealer 60 miles away paid below MSRP for one with 1600 miles. I recall dealers using the old sticker plus thing years ago but haven't seen it in 20 some years. Anyone else here run into this on Giulias? Oh and bTW they were charging the same extra 2000.00 on Stelviios too!
this is such an OLD story....not confined to Alfa dealers....and your answer was exactly what you did...go elsewhere...
I've heard horror stories from people who live in the Silicon Valley area about MSRP mark-ups on popular/new models...
I had a local dealer in NY tell me a new Shelby GT350 would be 6k over list:surprise:.....

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
MSRP on a brand new 2018, ordered, not even delivered yet. You can probably get a discount even on new. Leverage the low volume and lack of sales. Try it, or "be amenable" to a slight markup, then deal down based on the same facts.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
MY18 order you can negotiate up to $4000 off MSRP (on a QV) from the proper dealer.
I can point anyone in the right direction, PM me if you want to know more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just purchased 2018 base with some key options...msrp including taxes, dealer fees, title was $48,000, purchased for $39,000 out the door. Great prices and discounts in Austin, Tx.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Just purchased 2018 base with some key options...msrp including taxes, dealer fees, title was $48,000, purchased for $39,000 out the door. Great prices and discounts in Austin, Tx.
that sounds like a good deal considering you have a 2018.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a dealer that will do 5k off msrp for an 18, you can order it how you like, or even more now off any 17s pm me to get on the group list, about 10 people on this forum have taken advantage of that deal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts