Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Off of a straight conversion we're looking at roughly $87k usd ? It is a bit steep.. but I really want that. Gonna have to move some things around and get this to work

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is a bit misleading I think. Looks to me that before the European version of "tax, tag and title", the price is $64,049 Euros which would put it right around $70K USD. That is right in line with what has been stated by AR multiple times.

Apparently the taxes: luxury tax, environmental impact tax, tire recovery tax, etc. etc. etc....are much more there than they are here. Alfa would never sell a QV if the starting price was $87,000 USD. At least I would never buy one at that price point.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can never look at European pricing and extrapolate to the US market - never, ever!

I think it will be priced almost exactly the same as the M3 ~65K. They could price it somewhere between the C63 and C63s (65-73K). I think Alfa needs to start off at the lower end of this scale. *Think* Lexus 1990. The LS started at 38K and they (corp. Toyota) slowly raised the price each year until it was a legitimate S-class/7-series competitor. FCA should do the same thing with Alfa. Many cars are doomed from the very start because the initial price was off target.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hmm... That's so crazy it just might work :)

No but seriously, I think it should be priced under all of the competition, just because people just aren't familiar with Alfa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts