Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, a bunch of us are anticipating delivery of our 2018 Giulias in a few weeks. Any plans? What about those that have had your cars for a while, what have you done?

Mine are (will have a Ti):
1. Full tank of premium gas. Let the fun begin.
2. Paint coating, leaning toward CQuartz finest
3. Window tint, leaning toward 3M Crystalline. There are color issues - purplish hue in the back window?, but I know someone that has it on the sides and it looks ok.

Later down the road.

4. New tires. All season? Tire Rack likes the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+.

What to do with front license plate??? (I know there are other threads on this.)

Share your plans!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Get the Alfa9 or Centerline Alfa front plate mount.

I bought a dashcam (mine detects slight amounts of 'g' so if someone hits the car from the front, it's recorded...etc), and a Valentine One, I like having both. If you feel the need to upgrade from All Seasons, buy dedicated Summer tires because the all seasons are not very good. I don't feel the need to upgrade but I bought winter tires and another set of OEM turbine wheels for the winter.

Planning to buy winter floor mats and trunk mat as I do a lot of activities in the winter time (snowshoeing, ice fishing, snowmobiling, etc) and need to put things in the trunk

Have had the car for about 5 months and 5k miles, really love everything about it. :)

Max

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My immediate plan is to pick it up from the dealer that could be an achievement itself since it is still in Italy!>:)

Then, full front and side wrap (track package)

Probably will need a laser jammer installed to compliment the V1

After that its track time.......

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,946 Posts
There are lots of threads on individual mods. I have a Bianco Trofeo Q4 with sport everything and all options except HK and sunroof on order. ETA Dec 2017. Plans in order are:

Paint a black "swoosh" on the rockers to match the CF piece on QV (the side is too plain on a white on QV, IMO).
Remove GUILIA and Q4 badges (chrome on white is not a good look IMO). Black paint to match the badges.
Replace mirror covers with Mopar CF mirror covers.
Add CF trunk spoiler? I like the look but am concerned about aero-drag.
Xpel paint protection film.
90% tint film on rear window only for UV protection.
Swap tires for studless snows.
Figure out what real CF interior parts can be swapped in and swap them.

Shop around for a system to make the ride height adjustable. I am looking for a range of at least -1 to +1 inch relative to stock.

For warmer weather:
Get a light weight wheel set. Which one is still up for grabs.
Install Michelin Pilotsport A/S 3+ tires, probably 255 35r19s.

Performance mods:
Get Eurocompulsion's V2 intake system.
Keep an eye out for an "ideal" exhaust system. I may end up with something custom.
Keep an eye out for light weight brake rotors to fit.
Keep an eye out for a well tested and smog legal engine power upgrade.
Constant tweaking for weight reduction.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Max and Boston.

Max, I will check out the plate mounts.

For the record I bought WeatherTech mats for my Acura TL. They did not match the size and shape of my original mats. They were smaller and they move a lot.

All season would be better than the oem? aren't they run flats? I got the 19 inch sport upgrade.

Anyone else? Share your dreams!!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts