Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Giulia Parking Hall of Shame

16K views 73 replies 34 participants last post by  Bob MacKinnon 
#1 ·
We've all suffered it. Sometimes we're lucky and escape unscathed. Other times we wish we had a sledgehammer and a can of spray paint to return the favor. Post pictures of your Giulia with inconsiderate parking neighbors, and try to convey how close they were to your prized Italian performance sedan.

I was annoyed at not having a piece of paper to leave a note. I would have told the offender he or she should have left a shoe horn to help me squeeze into my car and suggest that they use Uber or take a bus from now on. :mad:

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
With some gum, putty, or silicon inserted to make refilling them that much more difficult? >:)

#15 ·
My guess is they're oblivious to any corporate relationship between the two vehicles. Or just jealous.

#4 ·
I would have a heart attack if someone parked as close as that to my bella!! That's why I always make a point of parking in the most remote parking spot. Even then, it's amazing how often someone still comes and parks beside you.

#18 ·
The picture doesn't show the concrete bulkhead to the right of my car. So at least one side was protected.

#21 ·
The absence of a dealer plate frame and other cues point to this likely being a vehicle leased by an employee directly from FCA. Comes with the territory. There are thousands of them in a 20-or-so-mile radius of FCA's Auburn Hills Tech Center and NA HQ.

#8 ·
I had someone park their beat up Honda like that next to my Protege at the post office. I had to climb in from the passenger side. The driver of the offending car came out as I started to pull away and I had some words for her. She got extremely defensive and behaved like she was going to attack me, so I hurried off. Turns out it was a temporary resident at the house across the street from my home.

Anyway, bad drivers may be completely nuts (perhaps explaining the bad driving) and confronting them may not be wise since you never know what kind of stunt they might pull.

#22 ·
I had someone park their beat up Honda like that next to my Protege at the post office. I had to climb in from the passenger side. The driver of the offending car came out as I started to pull away and I had some words for her. She got extremely defensive and behaved like she was going to attack me, so I hurried off. Turns out it was a temporary resident at the house across the street from my home.

Anyway, bad drivers may be completely nuts (perhaps explaining the bad driving) and confronting them may not be wise since you never know what kind of stunt they might pull.
At least take a picture of the license plate so you have some link to their identity.

There is dedicated website for such activity, you can post violators and print tickets....comments are priceless...
Thanks. I printed a stack and will keep them in my car for just such occasions. Hopefully I will have few opportunities for use.

Reactions: Jason McInnis
#13 ·
If I came back and discovered this situation, there is no way I drive off without leaving behind some token of my appreciation to that driver.
Thanks for the tip @Lowflyer. I had never heard of that youparklikeanasshole.com site before. But I will be checking it out.

#23 ·
If I came back and discovered this situation, there is no way I drive off without leaving behind some token of my appreciation to that driver.
Thanks for the tip @Lowflyer. I had never heard of that youparklikeanasshole.com site before. But I will be checking it out.
Mirrors were folded and wipers standing at attention. Unfortunately I didn't have either of my dogs with me.

Reactions: ChiGuy
#14 ·
I have a handicap plate which generally saves me from this behavior. But if it happened, I wouldn't be able to get in from the passenger seat, it wouldn't be possible for me.

So after I asked some younger, healthier person to slide in and back my car out, ALL FOUR of those tires would be flat.

No permanent damage, but I would want the driver to experience the same inconvenience they provided to me.

#31 ·
And an intervention there was. I looked for the offender today and found it. They will find a "gift" waiting for them under a wiper.

That is a crap parking job. Who parks over a double yellow stripe and an extra wheel width? Do you think it might be an FCA employee? Very strange and just smacks of jealousy next to such a beautiful car.
While car almost certainly leased directly from FCA, could easily be driven by a family member rather than employee.

holding down the lock button closes them all if they are slightly down.
Please quantify "slightly".

#28 ·
That is a crap parking job. Who parks over a double yellow stripe and an extra wheel width? Do you think it might be an FCA employee? Very strange and just smacks of jealousy next to such a beautiful car.

#32 ·
Oooo, nice. Keep us posted.

#35 ·
That covers many offenses.

Perhaps a "gift" harvested from a nearby dog park?

Keep in mind this can escalate out of control very quickly. When the other car is ugly and banged up there is a serious risk of getting your car rammed, for example.

I might be tempted to call the non-emergency police and have the offending car towed, but even that can go really-really wrong. Perhaps a complaint to the building manager is in order?

Another situation which I have to deal with is trespassers parking on my property to deer hunt. If I call the Sheriff and the vehicle is towed instead of strangers with large guns wandering uninvited on my property I will have ANGRY strangers with large guns wandering uninvited on my property. Instead I put up notices with maps showing where to go to legally hunt, plus an advertisement for guided hunting services that I have pre-approved on my property and that has worked. I have had to put said map under a windshield wiper or two, but no further incidents. Perhaps putting parking instructions and/or lease parking rules under the windshield wipers of the offending car might be more productive (if less satisfying)?
Sorry, no doggy doo. Instead they received a "You park like an *******" notice and a photo of their Jeep sidled up to my Giulia. Maybe I'll find them again next week and give some (only if deserved) positive reinforcement.

#39 ·
I invited you all to post pictures of your Giulia parked next to poorly. While I'm enjoying the discussion, I can only hope the lack of photographic participation is do to no such misfortune. Let's hope that continues to be the case.

#40 · (Edited)
:poop:

:poop:

Did this show up above properly?

:confused:

nope...then look out below!!! :D

Attachments

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut
#41 ·
I have to park in a high school parking lot every day, I have watched about 5 accidents happen in the past 2 years of driving. Needless to say I park very far away and usually a blue STI or grey Fiat 500 parks next to me ... although yesterday some POS Honda was a little close, but nothing bad

#42 ·
Wow. Nothing like my high school. We just had to be careful about parking on the wrong side of the pacer. My kids' high school, on the other hand... Who the heck drives a Bentley at that age?

Reactions: MDriver and Max
#49 ·
It never fails - I park away from everyone - and someone just has to pull in next to me - with the entire parking lot available to them. I think they do this so some of the "cool" rubs off on to their cars.

#56 ·
Could be a couple reasons. Some people are just so annoyed because there is an empty parking lot and people think you are parking so far away as to not have bozo's park next to you so being jerks they do it to irritate you (jealous) or they park next to you because they know the parking lot will fill up and you will be careful next to their car. I have not gotten my QV yet but I always park far away or next to an expensive car with no dings in my MINI. 6 years and not a scratch or ding on it. I do think there are a lot of jerks having a bad day that think that someone that parks their car in a safe area away from everyone is the perfect way to make their day better knowing they are going to annoy you. Sorta like road rage but instead parking lot envy. Makes zero sense. You were not even parking on an angle taking up two spots like a lot of people do here. Because taking up two spots in a nice car is a right. They are usually Porche's. It would be very hard to take up two spaces in my Mini even if I wanted to. :eek:)

The one in the other picture with the jeep over the lines. Man I would say that one was either an idiot or was tipping the toddies a little early. I can't believe anyone would do that in their sober state with a clear head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.