Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
See.. I do understand where they're coming from about the hype dying because of the delay and the XE coming out. However, I feel like it's worth the wait. Considering the formidable performance and various other aspects of this vehicle, it's definitely worth the delay. Yes the hype may have died slightly, but it's only a matter of time before it starts raging again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the hype may have died slightly, but it's only a matter of time before it starts raging again.
I agree...
Just wait until the folks in Europe who will be soon getting theirs start a post-fest on various forums and reviewers can take it off track for some real world experiences.
Then...when WE get our hands on ours, its going to be madness. I suspect it will liven things up around here considerably. :wink2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh yea ! There's nothing better than experiencing something first hand and loving it. At that point, you need to find a place to tell as many people as you possibly can, and this is exactly where it'll be :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have looked at the car for so long through my computer that, ill admit, the design does become tired at times. However, I got the chance to see it in person at the Atlanta Auto Show and it rekindled the passion for the car. It will be very interesting to see how it mingles on the road with other cars. Will it blend in like an Audi or command attention like an Aston Martin?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I agree. The thing with the Jaguar XE is that even though it got decent reviews but the car did not generate much emotional response from car enthusiasts. The exterior in my view is still okay, but the interior is pretty bland. Interestingly even though its been taking Jaguar years to finally bring the car to the USA, nobody is mentioning the repeated delays.
In my opinion the Alfa story is completely different because the development of the Giulia is the rebirth of one of the most iconic automotive brands. Lot of people are waiting for a credible alternative for the German brands and with the long anticipated return to the USA finally people will have that choice. The Giulia did break the Nurburgring record, and Alfa is claiming that the Quadrifoglio is the fastest four door sedan, and even the regular version will have very sporty characteristics. So maybe there is some hype, but the Giulia did get overwhelmingly positive reviews for the first drives. As Muhammad Ali said: "It's not bragging if you can back it up"

·
Registered
64 Posts
It'll definitely come down to pricing. But even at that, the Giulia takes it in terms of aesthetics as well. Just something about it appeals to me very much. Very classy and elegant but beastly at the same time

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the new dealers don't treat Alfa buyers owners as well the competition does when they need service, all this initial hype will be for naught. I hope F-C does better with Alfa support in the US than they have with Fiat.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I really liked the interior, especially the two tone Vesuvio Black/Red I saw on the Ti. But I just couldn't get the classic Italian Red on tan look out of my mind. I see a Rosso Alfa Base with tan on order for Herb Chambers of Boston. No pictures yet, has not arrived. But the dark gray black alcantara is cool too. Love the contrast stitching. Would love Blue brake calipers too to distinguish from Ferrari Yello. Green would be too Christmas-ey but still int he Alfa color scheme. Red (body color) is kinda silly for sport brakes. You want them to pop, no?

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
are you gents referring to the Giulia Ti's only or also the QV?
hype gets you noticed...but in the end you need to deliver the product...and that includes dealer service after sales...
the cars are great...have not driven a Ti yet but everyone seems to be happy with them...the look of the car is subjective....I happen to like the styling greatly and you won't see yourself driving down the road anytime soon yet....the QV...well it is just a stunning car to drive...
IF Alfa can overcome the horrors of the past they will do well...the cars are solid...the pricing is more than competitive...and if FCA puts their full weight behind lease deals/financing from the start...they will compete...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes, it is the dealer network and Alfa Romeo USA, that is the worry. No matter how good the car is, the backend must function as well. A good example, is the car I ordered several weeks ago. FCA has no system I can access to check on the status, neither evidently does the dealer or their Alfa Romeo USA contact. I have been asking all week for an updated status code with no result so far.

·
Registered
658 Posts
For me the hype is all about how someone else feels about the car, like Mdriver said it gets you noticed. It allowed me to find out that the Giulia Ti was something I needed to go and test drive. It works for me as a car, does that mean it lives up to its hype and the others I test drove didn't? I think it totally depends on what you want to get out of a car. I'm also fortunate that my Alfa dealership is part of a large existing dealer for other makes and that Paul at Doylestown Alfa Romeo has been great.
All that being said I'm looking at the Ti not the QV but then I was looking at a 330 or 340 not an M so my expectations will be different.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
For me the hype is all about how someone else feels about the car, like Mdriver said it gets you noticed. It allowed me to find out that the Giulia Ti was something I needed to go and test drive. It works for me as a car, does that mean it lives up to its hype and the others I test drove didn't? I think it totally depends on what you want to get out of a car. I'm also fortunate that my Alfa dealership is part of a large existing dealer for other makes and that Paul at Doylestown Alfa Romeo has been great.
All that being said I'm looking at the Ti not the QV but then I was looking at a 330 or 340 not an M so my expectations will be different.
Ti & 330 are more in line with one another...the 340 is probably 3-5k more than a Ti...and it makes 40+ hp than a Ti....
I will tell you though...drive a 330 & then a 340 and the choice will be obvious...the B58 motor in the 340 is an absolute gem...

·
Registered
658 Posts
I agree that B58 engine is awesome and I love the noise the 6 makes but it wasn't enough for me to overcome the lack of driver fun the current 340 offers. To me it isn't as good as the 330i ZHP certainly not enough to justify a new car payment.

While the 340 makes 40 more HP than the Ti it also has a quoted kerb weight that is more than 550lbs greater and as a result it's power to weight isn't as good as the Ti which hurts the overal feel of driving the car I think. Especially on winding roads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.