Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I took my Giulia Ti on the track for a full day driving skills class. It consisted in several exercises, like slalom, skid pad, figure 8, emergency braking and obstacle avoidance, autocross.

This was the first time ever that I had been on a track and done any of those exercises. I knew that the Giulia was a great car, but man, it was awesome!! The handling and the steering wheel allow the Giulia to go through the cones with surgical precision at fairly high speed without any issue. There were plenty of Porsche there but the Giulia shined even compared to most of them.
The instructors would line up to get on the Giulia (it was the first time they had one at that class).

Overall, an amazingly fun experience, that I would strongly recommend to everybody both for the fun and for learning how to manage your car in emergency situations.

The only cons...I pushed it fairly hard and the Pirellis suffered...totally worth it! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Congrats Pippo, now you have to take her on a full fledged track and you will be really blown away.....:smile2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats Pippo, now you have to take her on a full fledged track and you will be really blown away.....:smile2:
yes, that's next step! this class is required to take her to do laps on the track. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
Last weekend I took my Giulia Ti on the track for a full day driving skills class. It consisted of several exercises, like slalom, skid pad, figure 8, emergency braking and obstacle avoidance, autocross.
Who put on the event?

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,842 Posts
There were plenty of Porsche there but the Giulia shined even compared to most of them.
The instructors would line up to get on the Giulia (it was the first time they had one at that class).
This is the sort of thing ... word of mouth

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
my last instructor was pretty amazed at the Giulia.. first corner "Oh wow.. it stays"... second corner "Oh wow"... :D

Glad you had a great time! Now try and work out the best route map to Limerock :D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
PCA is usually comprised of a nice group of fellows, I instruct for them and also club race here in the NorthEast, so I am a bit biased, but in general you will find that even the BMW club is a good alternative if you just can't get enough track time.....:wink2:

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
554 Posts
Proformance Racing School does a similar class in Kent at Pacific Raceway that I was considering signing up for. Is that where your class was?

Edit: Nope, just saw your link, looks like you were in Bremerton. That one with PCA is a heck of a lot cheaper too, I'm going to look into it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Last weekend I took my Giulia Ti on the track for a full day driving skills class. It consisted in several exercises, like slalom, skid pad, figure 8, emergency braking and obstacle avoidance, autocross.

This was the first time ever that I had been on a track and done any of those exercises. I knew that the Giulia was a great car, but man, it was awesome!! The handling and the steering wheel allow the Giulia to go through the cones with surgical precision at fairly high speed without any issue. There were plenty of Porsche there but the Giulia shined even compared to most of them.

Overall, an amazingly fun experience, that I would strongly recommend to everybody both for the fun and for learning how to manage your car in emergency situations.

The only cons...I pushed it fairly hard and the Pirellis suffered...totally worth it! :)
I've been wanting to plan a track day. How did you go about getting additional insurance for the vehicle since regular car insurance won't cover?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You might try Hooked on Driving at The Ridge near Shelton if you would like a track experience and get great coaching from bright folks. I've been there with three different cars and it is the best. Hope to run my TI this spring.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Proformance Racing School does a similar class in Kent at Pacific Raceway that I was considering signing up for. Is that where your class was?

Edit: Nope, just saw your link, looks like you were in Bremerton. That one with PCA is a heck of a lot cheaper too, I'm going to look into it.
Correct, mine was in Bremerton and was organized by PCA. You don't need to be a member nor to have a sport car to participate. If the event is full, get on the waitlist; I was lucky and I got cleared to attend the day before.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You might try Hooked on Driving at The Ridge near Shelton if you would like a track experience and get great coaching from bright folks. I've been there with three different cars and it is the best. Hope to run my TI this spring.
Thank you! I'll look into it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been wanting to plan a track day. How did you go about getting additional insurance for the vehicle since regular car insurance won't cover?
I didn't. This is a driving skill class so no high speed (Max I reached was 50 mph I believe) and I believe it is covered by insurance. Different story is for full track laps. For those I heard that you can buy the insurance at the track for the day.

Honestly, I don't think you need anything for this class. You would really have to try super hard in order to crash your car in this class.

·
Registered
43 Posts
While the price of the Proformance classes may seem high, you get some of the best instructors and one of the best run schools for the money. I highly recommend them, and have done their basic intro school half a dozen times: whenever I get a new performance car. Great way to learn its abilities in a controlled environment. Then do the lapping days with them, either at Pacific Raceways or at The Ridge. First class operation. I've done track days with several other groups, and always go back to Proformance because they run their events so well and I feel safest around the other folks out there in thier events.

The local Alfa club runs some great track days as well, with some more really great coaches available, and very reasonable prices for a day of lapping. This alone makes the annual dues for the club worth it. Nice group of guys as well. Mostly older cars, of course, but getting more and more new cars as the new cars sell.

For lapping day insurance, check out Haggerty. They offer a pretty good deal, and you can purchase insurance same day with their phone app.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I didn't. This is a driving skill class so no high speed (Max I reached was 50 mph I believe) and I believe it is covered by insurance. Different story is for full track laps. For those I heard that you can buy the insurance at the track for the day.

Honestly, I don't think you need anything for this class. You would really have to try super hard in order to crash your car in this class.
Sounds like a class that you should get an Insurance Discount for taking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RE Trackday insurance

Check Lockton Motorsport. Proformance runs schools at Pacific and The Ridge. HOD is good. When you’ve got some schools and track time under your belt, Turn 2 runs a little more casual days, though instruction is always available.
Have fun!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.