Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. Last Friday I got my Giulia .
Car was imported by seller from USA after front collision. Seller fixed all, and looks great but I found problem that cruise controls not working
Seller said there was missing front radar box .
He got another 2nd hand one but he can't run it. He said because he needs same vin number what car is.
Is there any chance to program 2nd hand radar and change existing vin number.

Best regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably will have to buy new blank one.
Do you think is worth to wait for solution?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Dealer could do that only with brand new.
Im not so sure......Ive changed VINs in many other modules without issue..I cant say for sure but dont think this would be any different .........I may hook my car up to play around and see if its possible...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do u need 2nd hand radar to try do this?
I may supply you if u needed.
Regards

·
Registered
158 Posts
Im not so sure......Ive changed VINs in many other modules without issue..I cant say for sure but dont think this would be any different .........I may hook my car up to play around and see if its possible...
in which modules you change VIN?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
in which modules you change VIN?
lots of modules, its not that hard.
if you look at the configuration data for any particular module, you will see 2 lines for VIN..1 is original VIN, and 1 is current VIN.
The original VIN will always remain the VIN that it was originally programmed with, the current VIN will be ( or should be) the one of the vehicle its currently installed in.

Ill try and upload some screen shots later on but I've been pretty busy lately and dont come here that often anymore

·
Registered
158 Posts
lots of modules, its not that hard.
if you look at the configuration data for any particular module, you will see 2 lines for VIN..1 is original VIN, and 1 is current VIN.
The original VIN will always remain the VIN that it was originally programmed with, the current VIN will be ( or should be) the one of the vehicle its currently installed in.

Ill try and upload some screen shots later on but I've been pretty busy lately and dont come here that often anymore

Yes, thats not hard. But VIN is locked in DASM module (radar)
And to change it - first of all you should unlock it.

Okay, if you put used module, how did you change VIN code? What modules used you use and change VIN before?

CJHy_8y17jY.jpg

·
Registered
569 Posts
what tool are u using for PROXI parameter programming?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Yes, thats not hard. But VIN is locked in DASM module (radar)
And to change it - first of all you should unlock it.

Okay, if you put used module, how did you change VIN code? What modules used you use and change VIN before?

View attachment 101631
PCM, TCM, BCM and many others...if its not pulled from the config file, you can change it, and if its pulled from the config file, then you dont need to change it.... your at a dealer right? how do you not have this capability?

but what is it you are trying to accomplish? ......your showing 2 VIN codes so clearly that a used module......... is the current VIN not correct in that picture?

·
Registered
158 Posts
PCM, TCM, BCM and many others...if its not pulled from the config file, you can change it, and if its pulled from the config file, then you dont need to change it.... your at a dealer right? how do you not have this capability?

but what is it you are trying to accomplish? ......your showing 2 VIN codes so clearly that a used module......... is the current VIN not correct in that picture?

I just bought used Radar and put in to the car.
Proxy done well, no flashing odometer.
But i got error about VIN mismatch.

In diag I see current VIN and wroted VIN. I need make that VIN are same.

I need to restore vehicle configuration? Or manually change it somewhere?

If you done that, please describe how did you change VIN in used parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts