Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a cover for their key fob?

Let me know what you are using.

I am thinking of getting one for protection from dropping and denting it.

Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
After reading about people sealing cars by using signal boosters to make the car think the key is in it when it's actually in the house. I'm keeping mine in an Altoids tin as poor mans faraday cage. :smile2:

·
Registered
647 Posts
If I needed one there are many small black pouches with draw strings that might work.

My Giulia is always parked in the garage at home. I leave the key fob in an indistinct small box near the inside door to the garage. When leaving I put the bare key fob in a pocket of my pants, shirt or jacket/coat and never touch it again (and never risk dropping it) until I later re-enter the garage/house and put it back in the small box.

I use the passive entry technique and unlock Giulia by swiping my fingers inside the door handle. I unlock/open the trunk by depressing the trunk lid button. This works because Giulia senses the key fob on your person close to the car. I lock Giulia whenever parking her or locking her when back in the garage at home by simply depressing the small button on the door handle (lights flash).

This is very comfortable for me and works fine. The only time I ever need to remove the key fob from the pocket is for the remote start, which I rarely use. The only issue is that on a rare occasion if I have some other object in the same pocket it can accidentally depress the panic button and start the alarm.

My second key fob is also left near the door on a neck strap for hanging the key fob around my neck as an alternative to the pocket.

Watch first 50 seconds of video below.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
11 Posts
I could not find an OEM leather pouch anywhere so I bought a couple of leather ones from off Amazon made by Buxton they fit the fob perfectly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's a pic of the leather pouch and FOB. It would be nice to have an Alfa Romeo OEM pouch but this does the trick. It seems that Alfa Romeo is limited when it accessories compared to other manufacturers i.e BMW & Audi hopefully that changes over time..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I have a really nice Alfa key chain, but with these enormous new things I'm thinking the only solution is a gold chain necklace, unless you carry a purse.
Somehow anything that makes any of these things bigger seems to be going in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I do exactly what the original poster does. Works well for me.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Take a look at key covers for Maseratis Ghiblis the buttons match up and the Ghiblis don?t have the stupid Panic button, so that?s an added plus.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is the one that I purchased on ebay.

The one that I received does not have pebbled leather like in the photo.

I also removed the two keychain links to make it more compact.

I'll post pics of the actual item.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Attached are pics of the actual item.

Much better without the chains attached to it.

Fits every well.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
revisiting this thread to see if there are more options or what others have been using.

thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts