Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your experience with insurance rates for the non-QF Giulias?

Anyone coming from a comparable sedan like Audi or BMW that can provide a pertinitent comparison of insurance premium vs new Giulia?

My experience with new model cars is that insurers screw you because they claim they don't have accident and repair cost data to calculate rates- so they estimate way high.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Fyi

I am with Liberty Mutual and as a point of reference
2016 340Xi M-Sport is $1825/year must expensive car
2017 Alfa QV is $631/year..
Ironically my Alfa is the least expensive of my 7 cars to insure! BTW I have my homeowners with them as well and an umbrella policy so discounts apply. Full coverage.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

Anyone coming from a comparable sedan like Audi or BMW that can provide a pertinitent comparison of insurance premium vs new Giulia?

My experience with new model cars is that insurers screw you because they claim they don't have accident and repair cost data to calculate rates- so they estimate way high.
Hi, I got a quote on a Ti from State Farm as I am buying one soon. Note that I am a young driver so I apologize if this is not helpful :|

Yearly insurance total:
Giulia Ti: $1080.82/yr
-- to me, this doesn't seem too bad.

My father's 2016 Audi A4 is quite a bit less, but this is because of his driving record and age (lower risk at his age) but if he were buying an Alfa the price would be very similar to the Audi.

My Range Rover for perspective is $920/yr but it is now 10 years old and not worth very much.

Hope this helps! :smile2:

Regards,

·
Registered
189 Posts

I have Progressive, when i try to add my new Giulia online they did not have it in the drop down menu, I called and it took them a few days to get back to me with a quote but it was very good (about the same or less an an older 528i I used to have)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I am with Liberty Mutual and as a point of reference
2016 340Xi M-Sport is $1825/year must expensive car
2017 Alfa QV is $631/year..
Ironically my Alfa is the least expensive of my 7 cars to insure! BTW I have my homeowners with them as well and an umbrella policy so discounts apply. Full coverage.
I should shop around. QV cost me $1524 a year so far. Hopefully it goes down soon.. (Have allstate).

619 Posts
The QV was around $120 less to insure than the 4C. 2DR coupe VS 4DR Sedan...I guess it "looks" more civil on paper.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I should shop around. QV cost me $1524 a year so far. Hopefully it goes down soon.. (Have allstate).
That's pretty consistent with my quote from Liberty Mutual. Might even be a little lower in fact.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Checked with Geico, it's about $200 more per 6months than a 2011 VW GTI. The problem though is I didn't have an option to select between the QV vs. Ti! I think insurance companies are still getting their facts straight on this one.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
There is no telling what State Farm will charge us once my maniac wife gets a hold of the car.
yours too huh???:rolleyes: first time out in the Q my wife says..."oh wow this is freaking fast!...can't wait to drive it!"...the car shuddered when it heard that:grin2:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wonder if the cars equipped with the anti collision auto-braking will be cheaper to insure.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Gonna mega-bump this thread to ask what rates people are getting! I'm especially curious of those of us in Michigan, as I want to gauge how much it might cost to insure my car if I buy it out after the company lease is up :)

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Mines $520/year for full coverage with State Farm. About the same as I was paying for the 2015 A4 it replaced.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
There is no telling what State Farm will charge us once my maniac wife gets a hold of the car.

Chuckling. I am someone else's burden but I can tell you that your wife and I are similar in our "driving" styles if you will. I would not call it MANIAC simply researching its depth of performance and characteristics of the family sedan>:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts