Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just visited a Giulia dealership in Calgary and am wondering what experience others have had with western Canadian dealerships. The salesperson was very off-putting. He didn't know (or care) much about the car and told me that he had no idea about what might change on the 2018s.When I mentioned that the 2018 configuator was up on the alfaromeo.ca site, he suggested that I look there for any information rather then ask him questions. To top it off, he only allowed a 10 minute "test drive" on service roads in a base Q4 because it was "raining". I'm hoping that this is a case of a poor salesperson rather than a reflection of dealership culture. So... I am wondering if others in western Canada can give me some idea if dealers in their areas are more enthusiastic about Giulias. I love the car, but if dealers aren't engaged, then its probably not for me.

By the way, I'm a new member of this forum. What a great group!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome Saab900T :)

Being that I live in Los Angeles, I haven't had any dealings with your dealer. It sounds to me like he's trying to not sell cars and go out of business.

I can tell you that our Giulia Ti Q2 is an amazing car!

I'd like to suggest you go do business at another dealer, but I don't think you have that luxury. You could offer him a low price, tell him you are doing him a favor by getting a terrible car off of his lot. Getting a discounted price for something you want is always a good thing :grin2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Saab900T, welcome to the forum. I am located in Calgary and took delivery of my Giulia in mid-September. All of my dealings from early July (initial test drive) to deposit on an in transit car (late July) and delivery were really positive. I was very surprised that their dedicated Alfa sales person who I dealt with was no longer at the dealership come mid-October.

I can say that from my experience, and that of a couple other people I know, the management at FMoA are a really solid group and if I were you I would have no reservations in speaking to them about your concerns. The owner and his son are true Alfa fans and fought hard for the rights to deal the brand in Alberta. They are committed to making sure that the brand is successful.

I hope that your initial visit hasn't put you off the brand and that I see you at the local Tuesday night Cars and Coffee.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome and so sorry about your poor experience. I used to travel Alberta and BC for business some years back. I also am from Seattle and know that most Western Canadians are great and friendly people. I would call the dealership and talk to the owner or sales manager and make an appointment to view and test drive a Giulia.
Let them know your previous visit was not too satisfying.

My father was office manager for many years at a dealer for both British motor cars and Saab. We owned a number of British cars and a Saab. I have had the opportunity to drive many fun and performance cars. My brother owned
a Giulia years ago,worked on it himself and loved it. However, I was still hesitant about the 2017 Giulia due to some negativity about reliability. I bought my Giulia back in June. I just had my dealer do some factory upgrades for several very minor glitches. It now drives like a dream sports sedan to my likes. This by far is the finest performance car in its class and in my opinion a great value. I tend to be a critical person and I would not hesitate for one second to buy it again. My wife who is very big on her country's dependable Japanese cars loves it too.

Also we have a great help here at the forum called AlfaRomeoCares as members. They are several Alfa folks who are excellent at helping with any questions or if you ever have any issues with a Giulia dealer.

Hope to hear about your new Giulia in the near future. Below photos of my Giulia and future Alfa. I like red!

Chuck :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for this. It's good to know that my experience might not be the norm. I'm based in Edmonton, so I might just wait until they open their Edmonton dealership. Which version of the Giulia did you get? One of my concerns (probably for no reason) are the seats.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts