Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

First look at the ground effect aerodynamic work put into the Giulia QV comes to us from 952 Project.

Those fins help take advantage of Bernoullis principle and draw the car towards the ground. It shortens the space available for the air to pass through thus accelerating the airflow reducing pressure, resulting in downforce gains.

This car will be FAST.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Now that is killer, should help to create some motivation for owners to take these to the track rather than keeping them up to regular daily duty.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Seeing active aero implemented here and knowing AR's future plans for products, specifically models above the Giulia, it makes you wonder in what other ways will we see active aero like this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
A lot of heartache. I just imagined the giulia going over a bump or pothole with the splitter deployed. The fins does nott look like it will break with usual wear and tear but the splitter...
Carbon Fiber is alot tougher than steel, if slightly more brittle (why they make Hornets and Lightnings that land on carriers out of the stuff)... I suspect that when it goes to shards, you would have crunched metal if it was made of that... Meanwhile, other than rubbing paint (no matter the material) it is probably 'super-fine' with most non-crash use.... And if you are going interstate-speed+ fast enough to deploy the splitter on a terrible, bumpy road, you are asking for it anyway... kind of like bemoaning that an F1 car is terrible because it fails to handle a dirtcar track :) ...Anyway, when my splitter is up - and 100% around town it is - I never scrape bumps, holes and steep drives (I am careful just to be sure - but it doesn't) - the price to play. It's sort of like making excuses to not buy the car, when the splitter is a superb addition, and works superbly for me so far.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts