Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I just designed a front splitter for the Giulia its still in the development process but was wondering if there is an interest for it in the community. I was thinking carbon fiber but it would be a bit pricey, for now im going to use an aluminum compostie material. Also food for thought, would you want a fully functional version with under-tray?

would love to hear eveyone's thoughts

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
I personally dont like the sides sticking out like that. The splitter should contour the bumper lines so it makes it look like a cohesive unit. Otherwise, its just a simple undercarriage splitter and I think it would look rather tacky on the Giulia.

The sides should fold or at least not stick out as much as the design currently has it and also it should hug the bottom front of the bumper as well.

Having the sides sticking out that much will require very aggressive side blades/skirts to balance the front splitter and then you are going down a rabbit hole you dont want be in.

Some examples below.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
Just one more observation, Did you consider the "chin" in the design? I see that splitter concaves in this section while the chin convex outwards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally dont like the sides sticking out like that. The splitter should contour the bumper lines so it makes it look like a cohesive unit. Otherwise, its just a simple undercarriage splitter and I think it would look rather tacky on the Giulia.

The sides should fold or at least not stick out as much as the design currently has it and also it should hug the bottom front of the bumper as well.

Having the sides sticking out that much will require very aggressive side blades/skirts to balance the front splitter and then you are going down a rabbit hole you dont want be in.

Some examples below.
This unit is made of aluminum. The main utility behind it would be more of a bumper guard with aesthetic appeal. We also have a CF lip in the works which is more similar to those you have pictured which would be designed and fabricated specific to the giulia. The splitter we designed is contoured for the giulia but can be used universally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just one more observation, Did you consider the "chin" in the design? I see that splitter concaves in this section while the chin convex outwards.

I wanted the splitter to work with both the sport bumper and standard so we didnt get too crazy with the design involving the sports chin. Is the vehicle pictured yours? did you replace the chin area with a carbon bit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts