Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
I posted this in another thread, here it is again.

Personally, I plan on using this as a "temporary" measure, i.e. if I am parking in a downtown area where parking enforcement gives out plate tickets. It's easy to screw in quickly in that scenario. That is the only time I've gotten a front plate ticket in 20+ years of running without them in my Alfas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a suggestion from someone at my dealer to order a mounting bracket that mounts under the bumper center, and the plate can be in the up position, or fold down and slide under the front bumper. got it on Americanmuscle.com. item 64501 speedform flip down license plate holder. picked up my car today and did not have the dealer install the front plate with the factory bracket. will wait for what i ordered.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I had a suggestion from someone at my dealer to order a mounting bracket that mounts under the bumper center, and the plate can be in the up position, or fold down and slide under the front bumper. got it on Americanmuscle.com. item 64501 speedform flip down license plate holder. picked up my car today and did not have the dealer install the front plate with the factory bracket. will wait for what i ordered.
Would work for non Quadrifoglio models with out active aero I would suspect.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I posted this in another thread, here it is again.

Personally, I plan on using this as a "temporary" measure, i.e. if I am parking in a downtown area where parking enforcement gives out plate tickets. It's easy to screw in quickly in that scenario. That is the only time I've gotten a front plate ticket in 20+ years of running without them in my Alfas.

That looks great! And looks straight too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes. That flip down license plate holder will be perfect for a base and Ti, but would probably not work on the Qf.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like the mount hangs down about 3/4 inch, I wonder if that's going to scrape a lot. Please let us know how this works out.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
796 Posts
Best placement ever!!

Has anyone mounted a front plate yet and care to share a snapshot?
Everyone is trying to wrangle the best place for that front license plate. Alfa9 and I got it figured out:wink2:

Notice the use of the fleece protection pad/chill jacket.

Attachments

Reactions: Max and Woodstk88
1 - 13 of 13 Posts