Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a set of the Giulia Door Grip Inserts from eBay. The results:

Nice little accessory. Construction is fine, fit is excellent, meets expectations, however...the pockets are a bit shallow, and as you can see below, could be a bit deeper. They will hold stuff, but a phone flops around a bit. On the whole, about 8/10...would be a 10/10 with another 3/4"-1" or so of depth, because then the full available space would have been used. For $20 or so, it's a great value!

Picture details:

This package arrived in about 2 weeks time:

Packaging was very secure, bubble wrap keeping everything protected:

The contents were two individually wrapped, but connected, bags with the pockets and a single bag with two "mats":

Here is the contents with one "mat" in place and the other in view, they do not stick down and have a tab for easier removal:

This is a side view of the two pockets. As you can see, the curved side has a thin foam stuck to it, this helps the pocket hold in place and insulates it from sympathetic vibration:

For those of you that have forgotten (or not bought a Giulia yet), the door grip opening:

The pocket partially in place, this is the point it will slide freely to, before force is needed to seat it (the foam is clearly visible here):

The pocket in place:

The pocket underside, in place:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
....and they are for....?

Key fob ?
Spare change ?
Mobile phone (too small?)

.......S's and Giggles....??

Reactions: Rags747

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’ll work for a phone, barely. Change, receipts, other things handed over in a driv-thru, might be useful for that. There are other small items that such a pocket might be good for (pill case, digital recorder, charger, etc) that the Alfa is otherwise lacking small nooks for. I do feel these pockets are just slightly under size compared with other cars stock pocket, which is why I elected to post this. It doesn’t’t impact the normal use of the grip.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Looking at a photo of yours and now mine, mine are much deeper.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Just got mine yesterday. Holds an I Phone 7Plus. Great gizmo for a cheap price.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Indeed, I see yours (@lgbalfa) are deeper. It seems there are a couple of different vendors. Having tried out this one, the deeper model would be preferable...but this model worked today anyway, so, who knows.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ordered the deeper versions. Arrived in 10 days which is pretty snappy for direct order from China. Fully satisfied with the quality. Feels like an OEM accessory. The Giulia script rubber inserts don't photograph well. They are clear unblemished.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132399229896

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Where from?

I also have the deeper ones that have white Giulia script in the bottom. They are a perfect spot to hold the iphone.
Where did you get them? Can you provide a link?
Thanks!

P.S. Never mind. I found them on Amazon (of course), where you can find everything.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just got mine (ordered shallow ones but they shipped deep ones) from China. They are nice, look like OEM. Good buy.

Mine have the script in white with “Giulia” on the inside of the cups- nice touch!

I think that functionally the deep ones are probably better because when you grab handle your fingers don’t bottom out. But it would be
Tough to fish out small objects or change from there.

Definitely worth the $12-15 though. I bought mine from the link a few posts above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts