Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most important score which is directly related to overall construction quality is the Adult Occupant score.
As you see the Giulia is rated at 98%. For comparison the all new Audi A4 B9 has score of 90%.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I guess the recent information disseminated by certain media outlets can finally be put to rest as pure bull***t!
If you will remember this article from Autoevolution and passed around as truth....

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...tponed-due-to-crash-test-failures-104383.html

FCA immediately rebuffed the story...

"UPDATE: An FCA spokesperson told Road&Track that Automotive News' report is "not accurate or representative at all," without offering any details whatsoever about the matter. The spokesperson also told that the US-spec Giulia in QV form will begin production late in the second quarter of 2016. The truth of the matter is FCA is still reluctant to explain why Alfa Romeo's original business plan got delayed by two years"

It's simple...You can't go from "miserably failing" to a class leading 98% score from Euro NCAP in six months.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That is so ridiculous. This is why I have issues with these publications because quite often, you find them posting nonsense. At the same time, I can't blame them, because they're in it for click-bait and whatever the case may be, but it's just upsetting because majority of people believe every word they say

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... but it's just upsetting because majority of people believe every word they say
Just proves that "yellow" journalism is alive and well in the 21st century...and that you better dig deep if you want the truth.
I hope all the "alfa haters" who where using this non-story as part of the fuel for their narrative against the Giulia, are choking on the truth revealed in these crash tests...
You get what you deserve. :wink2:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Even if it didn't do that well with crash testing I think there still would be a good amount of people committed to getting it. Unless they have a significant other that really looks into it especially if they have a child, but you don't see that too often.

·
Registered
288 Posts
For sure. But this is just an especially big thing because of all of the nonsense rumours that went around. It's a perfect way to take away credibility from horrible publications.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts