Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Nothing as far as I know. Wagon was cancelled, Stelvio slowly entering market. New wheels for Ti's, new builder site for Alfa with new packages. I wonder if a coupe will happen at all. It was something I wanted to know right off the bat and I've been trying to get used to the idea of a sedan for month. I do have to wait to order so it my show up in time for me.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
Lotus-like sports car first, followed by 3-Series fighter and compact SUV. 5-Series fighter (stay below Ghibli) next? Gotta get volume and revenue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
There was something posted about a week ago - a link to an article about slower than hoped for Giulia sales.... Stated that there were two more SUVs planned for in the Alfa lineup... I would think they go 7 seater and then something X3/X1 sized... Let's face it - the volumes and fat profits are in SUVs right now... I would like to see a full size Alfa sedan but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hehe, yeah. But by the above, I see Lotus-like meaning 4C, Sub Ghibli being par for the course, but the 3 series 5 series tells us nothing about coupes. You have (can have) coupes in both those ranges no? I think the CSV trend may actually cancel the coupe in favor of another "sexier" (but still tall and chunky) Stelvio. The one consolation about the Giulia is that the rear seats can actually be used and accessed better than a coupe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lotus-like sports car first, followed by 3-Series fighter and compact SUV. 5-Series fighter (stay below Ghibli) next? Gotta get volume and revenue.
Lotus fighter is the 4C, no? 3 series fighter is the Giulia...What am I missing? After rereading I think I follow ur post...

·
Registered
75 Posts
There will be a Coupe and Spider duo based on Giorgio architecture, with internal code 963, but they are something similar to F-Type Coupe and Convertible with 4 and 6 cylinder engines.
Of course 963 isn't the first priority, we will see first the larger SUV, the compact SUV and the executive sedan, alias 964, 962 and 961 noτ necessarily in this order.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Trust me, we. Don't want a coupe. The light weight giant killer sports sedan is where cool is at...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
I don't envy FCA's product planners. Alfa can't wander into Jeep or Maserati territory. True, Alfa SUVs will have limited off-road capability. And maybe Maserati will move up to create room. Something new below the Giulia is likely, though probably not for the U.S. market. A halo vehicle may not be needed, as all Alfas will be desirable in their own right. Maybe an electric?

Fun to speculate. I look forward to seeing what's coming.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm actually more interested in seeing the Jeep Wrangler Pick-Up that's at the bottom of the Road and Track article com to fruition

Reactions: kris_go

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There will be a Coupe and Spider duo based on Giorgio architecture, with internal code 963, but they are something similar to F-Type Coupe and Convertible with 4 and 6 cylinder engines.
Of course 963 isn't the first priority, we will see first the larger SUV, the compact SUV and the executive sedan, alias 964, 962 and 961 noτ necessarily in this order.
Rossocomp, is this inside information? Sounds like it. But this timetable stuff is killing me! The whole 4C thing fouled me up. I went from Alfa/Mazda roadster rumors, to 4C - totally disappointed with cheese grater headlights, Found the 348 and you know the rest, to now when I want a larger car to replace the Miata as daily+. So how long is the wait for a coupe? What will it look like? Will they kill the shape and make it look grotesque like a Solara?

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
@rossocompetizione...are you also on F-Chat? their is a fellow there who said basically the same thing you did about a coupe` that it would be based along the lines of the Jaguar....and he said not to hold your breathe just yet as Alfa will be focusing on other things like a larger SUV and smaller SAV

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
If you have any inside information, can you tell us about the status of the rumored electric turbocharger and LED headlights for 2.0T Giulia?

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Vesuvio Grey, Red Calipers, Red Leather interior, Every Option!!
69 Posts
Just talked with Alfa dealer...

Just, ecstatically, picked up my '17 Giulia Ti Q4 (Loaded!) 4 days ago, and asked the dealership about the '18 Giulia's... they said that besides some minor 'tweaks'/changes (Lusso options now being available on the Sport models and vice versa were mentioned) the '18's are gonna be quite similar to the '17's - Not much change at all ?!?! Admittedly, only having my Giulia for a few days and only put 200 miles on it (80 were getting it home from the dealer), I f'ing absolutely LOVE the car!! Of course there are always improvements that can be done (to anything in life)... but they kicked ass on this car and I believe that not much at all needs to be changed now (in just its second year here in the US) !?!? Oh ya, ?did I mention that I LOVE this car so far?‼ ... but I can't wait to see the tweaks and improvements they make in 2-3-4 years down the road, when I am ready to purchase a vehicle again, with the next/new/'tweaked' and improved (2020 or so ??) Alfa Romeo Giulia!!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts