Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious do you guys have hand write input enabled for ur Giulia? Still waiting for delivery but did try some stocks none of them work. This video shows it working though. I know it's bit useless for US market but it's a big deal for Asian market like china. Alfa is coming to Chinese market for the first time with Giulia

Link here starting 4:30 https://youtu.be/EWbaUKKYG0s

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Seems like it may have been enabled on some of the prototypes brought in for US press drives (I think MT mentioned it) but does not appear to be active.

Hopefully the sensor is there and just waiting for a SW update. CarPlay/AndroidAuto is supposed to be coming in June (and from the start on Stelvio), so maybe will be enabled then.

I think it would be very useful - can enter characters for Navi on the move without having to watch the rotary on-screen input.
Although robust voice input would be even better.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Seems like it may have been enabled on some of the prototypes brought in for US press drives (I think MT mentioned it) but does not appear to be active.

Hopefully the sensor is there and just waiting for a SW update. CarPlay/AndroidAuto is supposed to be coming in June (and from the start on Stelvio), so maybe will be enabled then.

I think it would be very useful - can enter characters for Navi on the move without having to watch the rotary on-screen input.
Is there an audio input port?

·
Registered
180 Posts

I was at Bob Boyd in Columbus today; salesman said he believed the touch pad will be enabled with upcoming software update in June.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is there an audio input port?
Two USB inputs that allow charging of iPhone and controlling playback from the radio interface via the Media app, one input is inside the console between the seats, the other is just above the cupholders. Third USB plug is for backseat occupants but allows charging only. There is a 1/8 inch plug for auxiliary input next to the USB input inside the center console. There's also a 12V DC outlet inside the console. Only one, but others probably not needed since there are so many USB inputs for changing, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was at Bob Boyd in Columbus today; salesman said he believed the touch pad will be enabled with upcoming software update in June.
I hope they are better than Cadillac and their promise of future CUE software updates for infotainment system functionality. Yes, they did update the system, it's just that you had to buy a new model year Cadillac to get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts