Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reached out to MADNESS Autoworks to research on the possibility of purchasing the candy red push/start button found in the Q. I received a response from Ray Morquencho who is a sales associate. They are great! So i guess we can purchase the button but in order to do so, you will need to reach out to Ray directly as this option is not available on their site. Now the next step is to verify that the mod is just a simple button swap and determine how to remove the cover from the steering wheel to have access to the button.

I went through this with my 370z. The red candy apple button found in the Nissan GTR was compatible with the standard button found on the 370z and it became a very popular mod within the 370z community. I did it and it was a great addition so I am hoping we can do the same for the base and TI Giulias.

Below is his response:

[FONT=&quot]My name is Ray and I am an Associate here at MADNESS. I was given your message with the image and did a little research with our Parts Manager. As far as we can tell, there are two part numbers for the starter button you referred to in the picture. We can't tell and the Alfa can't tell us what the difference in the part is. We assume it's color because it would be beyond ridiculous to think Alfa would make a different start button application per car type. We believe you should be fine but we cannot guarantee fitment at this point.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Both part are $54.99 and we are suggesting ordering the red starter button and we will send it to you with the guarantee that we will get you the other part if it turns out that a part is indeed incompatible with your vehicle. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help. My direct contact information is located in my signature. Thank you for reaching out to us here at MADNESS Autoworks![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ray Morquecho/[/FONT] Sales Associate
[email protected]
562-981-6800 ext. 107

[FONT=&quot]MADNESS Autoworks[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
http://madnessautoworks.com
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2716 Dawson Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
Would be a very nice touch.

·
Vendor
1,203 Posts
I have reached out to MADNESS Autoworks to research on the possibility of purchasing the candy red push/start button found in the Q. I received a response from Ray Morquencho who is a sales associate. They are great! So i guess we can purchase the button but in order to do so, you will need to reach out to Ray directly as this option is not available on their site. Now the next step is to verify that the mod is just a simple button swap and determine how to remove the cover from the steering wheel to have access to the button.

I went through this with my 370z. The red candy apple button found in the Nissan GTR was compatible with the standard button found on the 370z and it became a very popular mod within the 370z community. I did it and it was a great addition so I am hoping we can do the same for the base and TI Giulias.

Below is his response:

[FONT=&quot]My name is Ray and I am an Associate here at MADNESS. I was given your message with the image and did a little research with our Parts Manager. As far as we can tell, there are two part numbers for the starter button you referred to in the picture. We can't tell and the Alfa can't tell us what the difference in the part is. We assume it's color because it would be beyond ridiculous to think Alfa would make a different start button application per car type. We believe you should be fine but we cannot guarantee fitment at this point.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Both part are $54.99 and we are suggesting ordering the red starter button and we will send it to you with the guarantee that we will get you the other part if it turns out that a part is indeed incompatible with your vehicle. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help. My direct contact information is located in my signature. Thank you for reaching out to us here at MADNESS Autoworks![/FONT]

[email protected]
562-981-6800 ext. 107

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thank you for the customer service review!

I passed your thread review on Ray and the service he provided and he was really greatful! We truly appreciate the kind words. Our staff consists of car enthusiasts as yourselves and we are happy with what we do.

A lot of people are not aware that we have the ability to get ahold of OEM products as well and install them but yes we have that ability and I'm happy Ray is able to help you all get your hands on these!

Thank you again for the kind words!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thank you for the customer service review!

I passed your thread review on Ray and the service he provided and he was really greatful! We truly appreciate the kind words. Our staff consists of car enthusiasts as yourselves and we are happy with what we do.

A lot of people are not aware that we have the ability to get ahold of OEM products as well and install them but yes we have that ability and I'm happy Ray is able to help you all get your hands on these!

Thank you again for the kind words!

How about a group buy? :nerd:

·
Registered
157 Posts

Below is his response:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[email protected]
562-981-6800 ext. 107

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I had my dealer replace the black button with a red one. Below are some details that may be useful to people looking to do the same thing:

Pictures of black button after being removed:

Pictures of red button after being installed:

Picture of the box the red button came in:

Red button cost about $60 USD.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had my dealer replace the black button with a red one. Below are some details that may be useful to people looking to do the same thing:

Pictures of black button after being removed:

Pictures of red button after being installed:

Picture of the box the red button came in:

Red button cost about $60 USD.

how f*%^*&^$ing awesome is that! love it!! wish there was a write-up on how to un-install the black button and i will do this in a heart beat. I asked my dealer to about having them install the button and they said they will get back to me.

But one way or another, I am doing this mod! thanks for sharing

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Installation day! My car has been dropped off to have the red stop/start button installed at my dealer (The Collection). My loaner while my car is in the shop? ....................a Maserati Ghibli! Love my dealer!

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Installation day! My car has been dropped off to have the red stop/start button installed at my dealer (The Collection). My loaner while my car is in the shop? ....................a Maserati Ghibli! Love my dealer!

That is awesome! How do you like that car? There's been so much hate about it in the last year or so.

pic of the install?? im guessing not since its with the dealer...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is awesome! How do you like that car? There's been so much hate about it in the last year or so.

pic of the install?? im guessing not since its with the dealer...
Unfortunately, there will not be any install pics of the red button because its with the dealer :(

Regarding the Ghibli: It drives very nice. Although I feel its more sluggish than my Giulia even though it has a V6 and more horsepower. The handling is more of a Touring car than a performance car. The Giulia feels like it rides on rails. The steering input is so precise compared to the Ghibli. However, the exhaust note on the Ghibli is amazing! Makes you want to tap on the gas pedal all the time!

I wish my Giulia had something close to the exhaust note. I really cannot wait until there are aftermarket options to try to give the Giulia a more aggressive note.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think this is a must with the red interior, looks perfect. I'm going to have to do this next. Did the dealer comment on the install?
Yup I agree. The red button must be installed if you have red interior. :smile2: but unfortunately, i have no comments from the dealer other than it was installed free of charge. I just paid for the part so I was extremely pleased with their service.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im also interested in the Red Start Button. Looks awesome. How much did the dealer charge for installation?
I only paid for the part... the dealer did not charge me any installation fees. This was a special circumstance however (My car was in for service on other issues) and the dealer wanted to surprise me with something nice for the inconvenience.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts